Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:14 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,420,052 times

Advertisements

Please don't put this off on older women, some might not want a committed relationship in the narrow description, but casual hookup sex, I don't think that's any more wanted in any older group than it is in the younger. Nothing wise or emotionally mature about scrolling for sex, it's just a difference of how one views who they mix it up with. Not saying better or worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 07:34 PM

22,261 posts, read 47,190,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferredoxin4 View Post
I personally feel like older women (above 25) may be wiser and more emotionally able to have casual sex without any complicated emotions cloud their thoughts and judgment.
If your definition of an older woman is above 25...
what are women over 40?
Over 60?

Old 11-27-2013, 07:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,579,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
If your definition of an older woman is above 25...
what are women over 40?
Over 60?
Those people in the house who wash clothes and cook meals.

And not really on his radar as people.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:05 PM

31 posts, read 149,363 times
By "older" I meant older than me (I'm 25.)

Maybe I should of worded this a little bit better, but this is hard to explain in type.

The theoretical situation in my head that I'm trying to explain is, does a women become more emotionally able to handle casual sex as she gets older?

Or is there like a bell curve? As in, at 20 she wants to latch on to whoever guy she's with because she's a young romantic; then at 30, she realizes some men just want to hook up but she's okay with it; then at 40, she HAS to get married and have a kid sooner rather than later?

Old 11-28-2013, 09:17 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,579,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Why would you not go where the women looking for casual sex go? Why bang your head aginst the wall, trying to convince women who are looking for LTRs?

And, FYI, 'Older women' means women over 40 or 50.
Ha. I, too, thought it was funny when he said "older" means over 25, but older and younger are relative terms. To YOU (and me) it means over 40 or 50, but to a 20 year old or a 60 year old it doesn't.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:19 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,976,071 times
Quote:
There seems to be a few topics here relating to hooking up and casual sex. I had previously asked if Match.com would be a good place to score casual sex as it seems like an untapped market for that sort of thing (most people interested in casual sex seem to flock to POF and OKC).

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post32381324

But while searching on Match, I noticed one thing; older women rather than younger women dominate Match.

In my area, the number of girls age 25-30 outnumber the girls who are 18-25 about 10 to 1.

That got me thinking, which age do you think can handle casual sex better? I personally feel like older women (above 25) may be wiser and more emotionally able to have casual sex without any complicated emotions cloud their thoughts and judgment.

I feel like the younger a girl is, the more inexperience she'll have and the harder she'll fall for a guy and demand commitment.

Then again, some older women may be in a hurry to marry and have children sooner rather than later.

Is that a reasonable assumption?

Anyone who wants to can "handle" casual sex, there is not a specific age group or gender that it is limited to.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
The theoretical situation in my head that I'm trying to explain is, does a women become more emotionally able to handle casual sex as she gets older?
More emotionally able to handle it? Yes, in my experience, though that doesn't always translate to them being more likely to want it.

In my experience a younger woman is more likely to feel societal pressure to be ashamed of her sexuality (the whole double standard thing) and to hold off when she doesn't really want to, but also more likely to feel pressure to have sex to keep a guy around.

Older women in my experience are more likely to do whatever the hell they want, with less concern about what others think. That means they're more likely to have casual sex if they want to, but less likely to have it if they don't want to. This, of course, is a much more emotionally healthy approach, and makes them more enjoyable to be with, in my opinion.

I have noticed that late 20's is when this often starts to change for women, so you're not far off by using your age of 25 as the cut-off. I'd say the difference becomes even more pronounced with women in their 30's, though.

Last edited by nearnorth; 11-28-2013 at 09:32 PM..

Old 11-28-2013, 09:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,148,569 times
Quote:
That got me thinking, which age do you think can handle casual sex better? I personally feel like older women (above 25)
You think 25 is an "older woman?"

Maybe if you're 14!

Good grief.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You think 25 is an "older woman?"
He is 25. Women over 25 are older women to him.

I am 40. Women over 40 are older women to me. My definition was different 10 years ago. It will be different 10 years from now.

This is how numbers work, people.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:36 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,976,071 times
Quote:
By "older" I meant older than me (I'm 25.)

Maybe I should of worded this a little bit better, but this is hard to explain in type.

Or is there like a bell curve? As in, at 20 she wants to latch on to whoever guy she's with because she's a young romantic; then at 30, she realizes some men just want to hook up but she's okay with it; then at 40, she HAS to get married and have a kid sooner rather than later?

You really need to give your theoretical head a reality check.

No matter what age chronologically there are women who do NOT want to latch on to whoever guy she is with, who do NOT just want to hook up, who do NOT HAVE to get married to have a child.

Then there are those women who emotionally cannot handle hook ups no matter what their chronological age.
There is no blanket statement, age, or timeline that dictates what each individual woman wants.
Their choices and maturity level are as individual as snowflakes and just because things may start out one way does not mean they will continue to be that way long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships