Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 3,624 times

Advertisements

So the other day I met up for drinks with my new neighbor (a girl) and she brought along 2 of her guy friends. We all had a great time and by the end of the night one of the guys was putting his arm around me. I found him to be attractive so I didn't object and I was a little drunk so I let him kiss me. I kissed him back lightly and passionately and he was starting to go crazy. He said he wanted badly to bring me home but he could see that I was drunk and didn't think it would be right to do it. But we kept kissing and he was like - alright let's go back to my place but I promise I won't touch you, I will be a gentleman. I will make a promise to my friend (my girl neighbor) that I won't do anything inappropriate. I just want to cuddle you all night and then we will have brunch and watch Lord of the Rings together ).

So I ended up going home with him and he was being a gentleman and was trying to be appropriate but I [initiated the sex]. He even said - will you marry me tomorrow? (probably as a joke, and I laughed). We ended up staying in bed all morning and not going out to brunch and not watching Lord of the Rings. He had to leave by 12 to travel home for Thanksgiving so that was when we parted. I even helped him fold his clothes.

Then he texted me today and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. I said- you too. How is your vacation going? He said - partied last night with my friends, and ate and slept all day today, and you?. I said - nice, I helped cook all day and ate some yummy food and now I'm really full . Then he said - time for some Lord of the Rings!! And I said - Yes!! Can't wait
I haven't heard a reply since I said this, but I'm wondering if I'm sounding too eager and am coming off as too strong or needy. Even though he enjoyed the sex and was impressed, I don't want to turn him off by acting like I am too excited to see him. It was kind of an automatic reply on my part but I realized how it may have sounded after I sent it. He is coming back in 4 days so I wonder why he said "time for some Lord of the Rings" as if we were going to see each other that same day?? Maybe I'm over-analyzing everything. Your thoughts? Do you think I ruined it?

Mod comment: Please keep it PG-13.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-28-2013 at 11:03 PM..

Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 PM

348 posts, read 498,401 times
I don't think u ruined anything. He's visiting family and it's rude to be on the phone when your a guest in someone's house. My dad doesn't even allow me to touch my phone in his presents. Lol you're over analyzing this. How old are you?

Old 11-28-2013, 08:44 PM

I'm 25 (and he's 24).
I think I'm overanalyzing because I slept with him on the first date and am worried that he might now view me only in a certain way. I intimidated some guys in the past with my high sex drive and experience and I don't want that to happen again. :/

Old 11-28-2013, 09:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna477 View Post
I'm 25 (and he's 24).
I think I'm overanalyzing because I slept with him on the first date and am worried that he might now view me only in a certain way. I intimidated some guys in the past with my high sex drive and experience and I don't want that to happen again. :/
Hey, a guy who is intimidated by that is not a guy you can be happy with long term. Use it as a filter, and filter out dudes who don't meet you halfway.

Don't worry unless it's wednesday and you haven't heard from him . He may be doing family stuff all weekend, then scrambling to catch up on work, monday and tuesday. If he doesn't text you by end of day tuesday, send him one wednesday morning in case he is thinking it is now too late.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:18 PM

204 posts, read 351,255 times
Marry you? You must of done him real well!

Old 11-28-2013, 09:25 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Hey, a guy who is intimidated by that is not a guy you can be happy with long term. Use it as a filter, and filter out dudes who don't meet you halfway.

Don't worry unless it's wednesday and you haven't heard from him . He may be doing family stuff all weekend, then scrambling to catch up on work, monday and tuesday. If he doesn't text you by end of day tuesday, send him one wednesday morning in case he is thinking it is now too late.
Yes, this! Give him time to get back from his trip and get caught back up. It is ok if things cool down a little after that intensity.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 PM

Thanks guys!!! I will try to stop overanalyzing - that always gets in the way.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:41 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Oh, it's difficult when you really like a guy and then schedule gets in the way! Don't worry; you are not weird .

Old 11-28-2013, 10:09 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna477 View Post
Thanks guys!!! I will try to stop overanalyzing - that always gets in the way.
Sounds like you guys make a good combination. Let him initate most of the contact and don't appear too eager. Men are meant to pursue a bit.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 PM

SHOOT guys I just realized:
He didn't say "time for some lord of the rings" as an invite. He meant - I was done being busy and was full of food and I now had time to watch it, seeing as I didn't get to do so last night.

Then I responded as if he were asking me to watch it with him.

WOOPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships