Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 07:55 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Make a decision which with you can live in peace with you rest of your life
Well, the decision will come with a cost no matter what. But I agree with your point: after all is said and done, she should decide on whatever she thinks she'll be happier with long-term. For my mom, it was leaving my biological father. It hurt, and it was rough on us in the beginning. But in the end, there was no question it was the better choice.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:28 AM

13 posts, read 10,132 times
Am I the only person who is shocked at the amount of misandry in this thread? There is so much male-bashing in here and the moderators don't even care about it.

You people are acting as if the husband tried to abort the baby with a coat hanger or something. According to the OP, the husband didn't physically attack her, he simply became angry.

The husband is 43 years old and he already has 2 children. Having a 3rd child is a massive responsibility. I think it's very normal for a man to get upset that his partner is going to have an unplanned 3rd child.

The OP is not a victim. Stop putting all the blame on the man. Both the man and the woman are responsible for this accidental pregnancy.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin90 View Post
Am I the only person who is shocked at the amount of misandry in this thread? There is so much male-bashing in here and the moderators don't even care about it.

You people are acting as if the husband tried to abort the baby with a coat hanger or something. According to the OP, the husband didn't physically attack her, he simply became angry.

The husband is 43 years old and he already has 2 children. Having a 3rd child is a massive responsibility. I think it's very normal for a man to get upset that his partner is going to have an unplanned 3rd child.

The OP is not a victim. Stop putting all the blame on the man. Both the man and the woman are responsible for this accidental pregnancy.
But in this case the woman is willing to take responsibility, in full. She's not wanting to abort the baby, but carry it to full term and probably raise him/her to adulthood. This is why no one's blaming the woman here. She had sex knowing BC is never 100% effective. But unlike the man, she was ready for what that meant.

And also according to the OP, the man didn't "get upset". He went into a rage. Ironically, he put all the blame on her, and even said he wouldn't give his child a penny. I've been upset plenty times in my life. It never made me act that way...

Old 11-30-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
But in this case the woman is willing to take responsibility, in full. She's not wanting to abort the baby, but carry it to full term and probably raise him/her to adulthood. This is why no one's blaming the woman here. She had sex knowing BC is never 100% effective. But unlike the man, she was ready for what that meant.

And also according to the OP, the man didn't "get upset". He went into a rage. Ironically, he put all the blame on her, and even said he wouldn't give his child a penny. I've been upset plenty times in my life. It never made me act that way...
The husband did not physically attack her. Everybody in this thread is acting as if the husband committed a horrible crime.

There are many options here, but you people insist on demonizing the man.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
The husband did not physically attack her. Everybody in this thread is acting as if the husband committed a horrible crime.

There are many options here, but you people insist on demonizing the man.
Maybe you should quote those specific posts you feel are being too hard on him? I may agree with you on some of them, but right now there's no way to know where you're drawing the line.

I'm all far remaining civil toward this guy, but if you're suggesting neither of them are more right than the other, I strongly disagree.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Maybe you should quote those specific posts you feel are being too hard on him? I may agree with you on some of them, but right now there's no way to know where you're drawing the line.

I'm all far remaining civil toward this guy, but if you're suggesting neither of them are more right than the other, I strongly disagree.
Read the first reply in this thread. It was posted by a moderator.

A moderator is telling the OP to accuse her husband of murder. He is also telling the OP to financially destroy her husband. I can't be the only person who thinks this is outrageous.

Like I said, you people are acting as if the husband tried to abort the child with a coat hanger. According to the OP, the husband did not physically attack her.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Read the first reply in this thread. It was posted by a moderator.

A moderator is telling the OP to accuse her husband of murder. He is also telling the OP to financially destroy her husband. I can't be the only person who thinks this is outrageous.
Agreed. That is going overboard. Good call!

But easy on the "you people" stuff, until you have at least two posts to point at (establishing that you are in fact disagreeing with "people" instead of one person).

Old 11-30-2013, 10:00 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
WTF are you talking about? I haven't seen "male bashing". I have seen people bashing this particular male, which is NOT misandry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaNet View Post
I told him as soon as he got home and he had a rage attack. Said there was no way he wanted a third child, blamed me for it, said I had been careless with the pill, that I should know he's too old for another child (he's 43 and I'm 31) and that he expected I wouldn't be pregnant anymore by the end of the week.

When I told him how could he ask me to do such an horrible thing, he said would always have only 2 children and if I insisted with going ahead with this pregnancy, he wouldn't give a cent to this baby nor sign the birth certificate.

He has since been sleeping in another room and doesn't speak to me.
I'm completely lost.

You don't see anything wrong with the way he has handled the situation? This isn't just "angry". This is being a controlling, manipulative bully. She asked again if they could talk and he blew her off to go out drinking with his friends.

This guy is nothing more than bratty child in a grown man's body.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You don't see anything wrong with the way he has handled the situation? This isn't just "angry". This is being a controlling, manipulative bully. She asked again if they could talk and he blew her off to go out drinking with his friends.

This guy is nothing more than bratty child in a grown man's body.
According to the OP, the husband had a rage attack, but he did NOT physically attack her. Let's stop acting as if the husband is some kind of wife-beating monster.

Having an unplanned child is a big deal. I have seen people get very angry over much smaller things.

Last edited by kevin90; 11-30-2013 at 10:20 AM..

Old 11-30-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaNet View Post
He has always had temper issues but he has been making an effort to control them. People are overreacting here. He has never been physically abusive or verbally disrespectful. When he gets seriously mad he will just tell me to leave him alone for a while.

He's a very hard worker and always helps with the kids when he gets home.

I don't know if he's keeping his options open, I would like him the same way with marriage or no marriage. He had never mentioned not wanting anymore children though. We simply never talked about a third child.
The OP made this post. Read it carefully.

The OP herself admitted that everybody in here is overreacting. She admitted that her husband is a good man.

Stop using this thread as an excuse to bash the male gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships