Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 06:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Another year with my partner asking me to go with her to visit her family. I always decline but it's annoying to be asked. I never stop her from visiting her family nor do I ask her to visit my family (heck I don't visit them). Anyways, we debated and I ultimately got my way by not going or so I thought.
Quote:
I don't ask her also because it is a courtesy. I don't ask you so why badger me. Let me ask you a question. Was her lie in order to pull the stunt justified in your view? I may be a lot of things but a liar isn't one of them. I really didn't expect that one.
Because of that little tid-bit above, yes I do think she was justified. She's never going to get you to agree and you aren't even open to discussion...you treat it like it's a game. You got your way...do you hear how that sounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 06:31 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
I wanted nothing more than to see all of our family this thanksgiving. We're spread out all over the place. We were unable to make it this year. And you have the means to spend it with family? Even if its your SO family. Stop being a martyr and enjoy family and the holidays. I do a lot if stuff I may not want to or. Not really looking forward to doing but I doit cause I know my wife likes it and makes her happy.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:33 PM

99 posts, read 216,034 times
You sound like a d*ck. she must have low self esteem

Old 11-29-2013, 06:36 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian_Stallion View Post
You sound like a d*ck. she must have low self esteem
If she had low self esteem then I definitely wouldn't be with her nor would she be where she is today. I admire her confidence and her never say die. I'm truly lucky to have her but I wish she would have more understanding.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:38 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Quote:
If she had low self esteem then I definitely wouldn't be with her nor would she be where she is today. I admire her confidence and her never say die. I'm truly lucky to have her but I wish she would have more understanding.
More understanding of what? You?!

Shoot... take your own advice. Pot callin' the kettle black.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,532 times
Can I ask why you're even in a relationship at all? It seems like you'd be happier alone, free to avoid thanksgiving altogether and chill out in your wifebeater.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Chill'n.. drinking beer and watching Football, or getting acquainted with your SO family on Thanksgiving?
Hmm

Old 11-29-2013, 06:54 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
Can I ask why you're even in a relationship at all? It seems like you'd be happier alone, free to avoid thanksgiving altogether and chill out in your wifebeater.
Kind of funny how the wife beater makes the tale......

Sort of like how NYC seems to appear in Woody Allen films.......

Old 11-29-2013, 06:55 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Chill'n.. drinking beer and watching Football, or getting acquainted with your SO family on Thanksgiving?
Hmm
It was a no brainer to me. Apparently, it isn't as much for other people.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:57 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Quote:
It was a no brainer to me. Apparently, it isn't as much for other people.
I enjoy relaxing and spending the day doing my thing just as much as the next gal.

But, I also understand how important it is to work with my partner and do things that they value.

You managed to skip out on last year's turkey day with the fam by throwing a tantrum until she gave in. So you couldn't compromise this year for her sake? Really? Dang, it's still all about you isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships