Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
So I guess acting like a man constitutes never doing what you want to do? I compromise a lot for her. I guess I have to compromise on everything. Good thing, your idea of being a man means nothing then.
What do you compromise? Nearly anytime you speak about your relationship, you talk about how you never do anything you do not want to do, and if she doesn't like it too bad. You do not sound like someone who compromises. And you have posted about how you don't like to sleep with her in a bed, you prefer to sleep by yourself on a futon. If you are a warmer and more giving person than you sound on the board, then good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 10:27 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
So I guess acting like a man constitutes never doing what you want to do? I compromise a lot for her. I guess I have to compromise on everything. Good thing, your idea of being a man means nothing then.
You have no idea what compromise means. Your post makes no sense, which isn't surprising at all.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Well DUH! Why do you think I was poking at him?
I'm not sure. Knowing your idiosyncrasies isn't part of my job description.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:39 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What do you compromise? Nearly anytime you speak about your relationship, you talk about how you never do anything you do not want to do, and if she doesn't like it too bad. You do not sound like someone who compromises. And you have posted about how you don't like to sleep with her in a bed, you prefer to sleep by yourself on a futon. If you are a warmer and more giving person than you sound on the board, then good.
I never do anything I don't want to do but when I compromise and give a little. I want to do that. If I really don't want to do something then tough. If I give it some thought and consider that maybe I should concede more then I will do it without resentment. I prefer to sleep alone. She definitely has no qualms on getting more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You have no idea what compromise means. Your post makes no sense, which isn't surprising at all.
Actually I do not only do I do it but I also know what it means in a dictionary. Don't project in order to cover your personal problems.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:42 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Acting like a dick does not a man make.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:47 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
If she had low self esteem then I definitely wouldn't be with her nor would she be where she is today. I admire her confidence and her never say die. I'm truly lucky to have her but I wish she would have more understanding.

I bet she wishes you had more understanding too

Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Acting like a dick does not a man make.
The forum has been overrun with a huge amount of pinheads.

I agree............. a dick does truly not make a man....

Old 11-29-2013, 10:51 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
And if anyone mentions alpha FFS male, I will scream!

Old 11-29-2013, 10:56 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
And if anyone mentions alpha FFS male, I will scream!
I agree......

Old 11-29-2013, 11:41 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

I'm not mad that she hosted her family for Thanksgiving at our place. I'm annoyed that she didn't just tell me so I can have a chance to leave. This is just as much her house as it is my house. So I would have like for her to say "Hey, I'm hosting my family here whether you like it or not." That's all that could have been said. I wouldn't have objected and I would leave the house for that time. I'm quite disappointed that she lied to me by telling me she was leaving to travel to her parents' place again. She even made it believable by packing bags like she was staying overnight. She really did the most and I don't appreciate it.
She should have told you. You are right, this is just as much her house as it is your house.
My parents moved in with me temporarily and my mom invited her annoying relatives over all the time. I tolerated them but sometimes I had to say No! I can't stand entertain them, I have better things to do.

At the end of the day, my mom and I still love each other, but she learned to respect my boundary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships