Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:23 PM

13 posts, read 19,899 times

Advertisements

I have been dating this girl for a month now but I have been crazy about her for about a year now. The problem is that she really only saw me as a friend until recently. We kissed some and stuff during that time and flirted a lot but that was all. She never would commit to me and date me until a month ago. So everything has been perfect so far, she seems to me crazy about me and already talking about our future together. The only problem is that I think she may have a tough time transitioning from seeing me as just a friend to now seeing me as a boyfriend. We haven't really made out or anything like that and it's been a month! We hold hands and are always really close, and we do kiss every time we are together but mostly just pecks on the lips! We see each other every day and I just keep wondering when she is going to show me more attraction and everything. I know she's had sex before and has even talked to me about it before we started dating but now I'm not sure how much more patient I can be! I start to wonder why she's not wanting to do that with me? I've told her that I want her to open up to me more and show me more love and affection and then she usually does for a day or two but it's nothing too serious. So what do I need to do? I love this girl and we always laugh and have a great time together. Everything is starting to get pretty serious with us other than the physical part! So what do I need to do or say to get that going? I feel like I just upset her the more I talk about it, but yet she knows it's a big deal to me. Should I just be patient and give it time or do I have every right at this point to make this a big deal? She's only 20, but I know she's done everything before. So any suggestions would be great! How do I spark the attraction and get affection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 10:30 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logjam25 View Post
I have been dating this girl for a month now but I have been crazy about her for about a year now. The problem is that she really only saw me as a friend until recently. We kissed some and stuff during that time and flirted a lot but that was all. She never would commit to me and date me until a month ago. So everything has been perfect so far, she seems to me crazy about me and already talking about our future together. The only problem is that I think she may have a tough time transitioning from seeing me as just a friend to now seeing me as a boyfriend. We haven't really made out or anything like that and it's been a month! We hold hands and are always really close, and we do kiss every time we are together but mostly just pecks on the lips! We see each other every day and I just keep wondering when she is going to show me more attraction and everything. I know she's had sex before and has even talked to me about it before we started dating but now I'm not sure how much more patient I can be! I start to wonder why she's not wanting to do that with me? I've told her that I want her to open up to me more and show me more love and affection and then she usually does for a day or two but it's nothing too serious. So what do I need to do? I love this girl and we always laugh and have a great time together. Everything is starting to get pretty serious with us other than the physical part! So what do I need to do or say to get that going? I feel like I just upset her the more I talk about it, but yet she knows it's a big deal to me. Should I just be patient and give it time or do I have every right at this point to make this a big deal? She's only 20, but I know she's done everything before. So any suggestions would be great! How do I spark the attraction and get affection?
First off. Congratulations for escaping the friendzone. Many lesser men have gone down in flames trying.

I know you're young. How to get more physical with her, you can get advice on that wherever. The only advice I have to give is this and I think it's good.

Watch for her not treating you like a boyfriend. Not buying into it. When women aren't completely attracted to a man, they won't introduce you as a boyfriend in public, won't kiss you in public, won't do the things women do for their boyfriends IN PUBLIC. In short, they are ashamed as having you as a boyfriend because they are not really attracted to you. They are not proud of you.

I've seen it happen several times. If you see it happening, dump her.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:36 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
First off. Congratulations for escaping the friendzone.
Cracked up so hard!

Old 11-29-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
First off. Congratulations for escaping the friendzone. Many lesser men have gone down in flames trying.

I know you're young. How to get more physical with her, you can get advice on that wherever. The only advice I have to give is this and I think it's good.

Watch for her not treating you like a boyfriend. Not buying into it. When women aren't completely attracted to a man, they won't introduce you as a boyfriend in public, won't kiss you in public, won't do the things women do for their boyfriends IN PUBLIC. In short, they are ashamed as having you as a boyfriend because they are not really attracted to you. They are not proud of you.

I've seen it happen several times. If you see it happening, dump her.
No she's not this way at all. We went and got our pictures taken together (her idea) and she plasters it all over Facebook and tells everyone how great her "boyfriend" is and introduced me to her family. Everything is perfect in that aspect, which is why this is such a weird situation! She cuddles with me and gets close, but yet won't give me anything other than a peck hardly! It kills me!

Old 11-29-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Cracked up so hard!
I'll be honest, I successfully escaped the friend zone!!! It can happen folks!

Old 11-29-2013, 11:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Maybe she needs more time. Maybe she likes to take it slowly. You don't know how long it took her to build up to make-outs, etc. with her previous bf/s. Hold her hand a lot. Give it another few weeks. You've been crazy about her for a year, but she's only been into you for a month. So she needs time to catch up to where you're at.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Have you tried kissing her with more than a peck? I think you need to move in there. You can sit and wait but you'll just get more frustrated.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:17 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logjam25 View Post
I'll be honest, I successfully escaped the friend zone!!! It can happen folks!
"Friend zone" is such a idiotic term. YOU didn't do anything. SHE simply saw you as dating material. If a girl is not attracted to you, it's not anything more mysterious than that.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:25 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Sorry, it sounds like she is just not physically attracted to you. Push the issue now and see.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:42 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
hey if shes crazy about you now-go with the flow.....

anything worthwhile, takes time,,,you are both very young...

sometimes the hotter the flame, the more you get burnt...so this scares some folks...

prove yourself-if she's worth it.....give her the time she needs, maybe she is feeling you out-having been a friend for a while, maybe she wants to know if you will risk a long term friendship in pushing her for sex too quickly..

enjoy the time you have together, thats what life is about when you are young,,,
take her places....adventures outside,,,go hiking, go the the ocean/lakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships