Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I feel like even if I created a dating profile using an unattractive guys picture and still managed to get numbers and set up dates all the constant whiners here would still make excuses.

I would literally bet $ that I could use a guys picture we all agree is relatively unattractive and still set up dates and get numbers in a big city..

Could prove personality and character make a difference..

I set up a profile and coached my short average looking middle Eastern friend and he has a pretty hot gf now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Anyone, including me, could set up a profile in a big city and set up a date on the phone. Set it up in my city, and watch the tumbleweed roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 11:37 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Anyone, including me, could set up a profile in a big city and set up a date on the phone. Set it up in my city, and watch the tumbleweed roll.
What city do you live in?

Old 12-02-2013, 11:59 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:

Starke, FL

While there are plenty of people a 35 min drive away, OLD is pretty ****ty for those without a car. That said, I will be buying one soon, so maybe then I will shut up.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Quote:
Starke, FL

While there are plenty of people a 35 min drive away, OLD is pretty ****ty for those without a car. That said, I will be buying one soon, so maybe then I will shut up.
Oh crap, no wonder you have problems. You're not writing from prison are ya? I would go over to Gainesville and find a girl.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:33 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Two people discussing opposing facets of the same issue is in effect a debate. Legitimate or no.
It's not an "issue". It's a few people whining. That is not a debate.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Yes, very much so. As a trained scientist
That's hilarious. You are a trained scientist like Chris Christie is a trained jockey. If, in fact, you ever had even the most basic understanding of the scientific method or research design/methodology, it is clearly completely overshadowed by your observer bias on this issue. Your viewpoint is so horrible distorted it would be comical if it were satire.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Yes, all of it is clearly their fault because their simply too lazy and not a hardworking "go-getter" like you.
I'm far from a hardworking go-getter. I'm a very average guy. That's my whole point. Average dudes get laid all the time. Not just rich dudes, or go-getter dudes, or hot dudes. Average dudes.

I'm also not accusing them of being lazy. Lacking in basic interpersonal skills and too stubborn to acknowledge it would be a better descriptor. I think personality disorders are a factor in some of the cases, and the Autism Spectrum in others.

Some of it is probably just youth, too. I could imagine myself thinking like some of these guys when I was 14. Maybe even when I was 20, on a bad day. Definitely not at 23, though. I'm sure much of what we see on this board is created by teenagers who are bored at home on their computers with time to create several user names to express their adolescent angst about women. They'll grow out of it, if they ever turn off the computer and go talk to women in person.

Last edited by nearnorth; 12-02-2013 at 12:48 PM..

Old 12-02-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I feel like even if I created a dating profile using an unattractive guys picture and still managed to get numbers and set up dates
Which you absolutely would, by the way. It would mostly be with similarly unattractive women, but you would totally get dates doing that. It's not rocket science.

Quote:
all the constant whiners here would still make excuses.
Of course they would.

Quote:
I would literally bet $ that I could use a guys picture we all agree is relatively unattractive and still set up dates and get numbers in a big city..
I would, too. The question is who would be dumb enough to bet against it? I think even the whiners would shut up for half a second if you called their bluff like that.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Starke, FL
I think you might be stretching the definition of "city."

It looks like you're close to Jacksonville, though. I bet it would work there as well as any other city.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:01 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Starke, FL

Yeah.. Even a good looking guy will have a much harder time getting laid in a smaller town..

And most guys will struggle getting laid with no vehicle..

Just a drive to gainesville or jacksonville and thr odds would be in your favor.. I actually struggled when I lived in Jacksonville. Mostly cause I was as broke as a joke and in school. My confidence level was on par with Austin Powers when he lost his mojo.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships