Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:32 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That is why these lists, really all their ilk, are worthless. Just silly column inch filling fluff pieces. AKA tips to keep safe walking at night in a city: "Don't walk with your head down while wearing headphones. Be aware of your surroundings". Gee... thanks!
It's a new trend in the media to make lists, as they require very little effort but garner big results in terms of readership. As traditional print journalism dies, people turn to online media with it's compressed, goldfish friendly "articles" like this one. It says nothing that people don't already know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 01:45 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I have no such bachelor habits; other than the sleep issue.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:52 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
It's a new trend in the media to make lists, as they require very little effort but garner big results in terms of readership. As traditional print journalism dies, people turn to online media with it's compressed, goldfish friendly "articles" like this one. It says nothing that people don't already know.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:07 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Boy, if there's anything the media LOVES to do, it is to treat men like they are idiots. I'm a woman, but it annoys me too.

Single women could use a list too:

- Don't leave your USED feminine hygeine products on the floor of your bathroom. (Yes, I said USED!!!)

- Don't let your dogs pee and poop all over your carpet and take days to clean it up.

- Don't wear your robe all day long on the weekend.

I know a single woman who does ALL of this. Yuck!!!

Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
- Don't leave your USED feminine hygeine products on the floor of your bathroom. (Yes, I said USED!!!)

Old 12-03-2013, 02:18 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
I had to pee once in a NYC apartment being occupied by 4 girls, one of whom was the woman I was once seeing.

It would give every dude's bathroom a run for the money.
This. Women's bathrooms are gross.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Wow, I have never seen anything like that in a woman's bathroom.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Or, alternately, it's just entertainment. Magazines, etc. often had light sidebars like this even prior to the decline of print journalism. Look, I worked in newspapers, myself, and bemoan the decline in in-depth news reporting, too, but some stuff is just entertainment for entertainment's sake, and that's fine. Did anybody really click on that link looking to find important, life-altering news reporting? Come on.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:37 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Boy, if there's anything the media LOVES to do, it is to treat men like they are idiots. I'm a woman, but it annoys me too.

Single women could use a list too:

- Don't let your dogs pee and poop all over your carpet and take days to clean it up.

- Don't wear your robe all day long on the weekend.

I know a single woman who does ALL of this. Yuck!!!
I'm sorry you know this person. That said, I wouldn't call the above general norms. I'm guessing swigging from the carton from time to time or peeling off dirty clothes and leaving them in a heap versus putting them in a basket from time to time are probably more universally acknowledged and widespread bad habits than flinging used feminine hygiene projects around willy-nilly versus sanitary disposal. Sick, but I don't believe for a minute it's some widespread phenomenon.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:44 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm sorry you know this person. That said, I wouldn't call the above general norms. I'm guessing swigging from the carton from time to time or peeling off dirty clothes and leaving them in a heap versus putting them in a basket from time to time are probably more universally acknowledged and widespread bad habits than flinging used feminine hygiene projects around willy-nilly versus sanitary disposal. Sick, but I don't believe for a minute it's some widespread phenomenon.
Well, I think the point is that someone who lies alone is bound to be less concerned about basic hygiene and tending to household chores than someone who is in a relationship.

But it always seems to be the men who are accused of this behavior, never the women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships