Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 04:05 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Boy, if there's anything the media LOVES to do, it is to treat men like they are idiots. I'm a woman, but it annoys me too.
Will you marry me? Lol!
I totally agree! I don't even read things like this because I'm tired of some keyboard banger who is getting paid by the word telling me what to do. Basically I'm tired of the whole media trying to tell me the "right" ways to "be a man".

And you know what? If you are a lucky and/or an attractive/exciting person it will not even matter what kind of mess you live in or how you live your life. You will still have success with the opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 04:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is totally true, but at the same time, women are still judged for the state of their homes differently than men are. I was just talking to a friend whose in-laws were visiting for the weekend. She was freaking out about cleaning up for their arrival, and her husband was all, "don't worry about it, it's just my parents." She said to me, "yeah, but his mother is going to be judging what the place looks like, and she won't be judging him about it."
I would agree that, to a point, men are given more of a pass for being sloppy. It's the flip side of the "stereotype of men as slobs" coin...though I do feel like there is or should be a shelf life on this. When you're living like it's a college dorm room when you're 40, ick.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:07 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Or, alternately, it's just entertainment. Magazines, etc. often had light sidebars like this even prior to the decline of print journalism. Look, I worked in newspapers, myself, and bemoan the decline in in-depth news reporting, too, but some stuff is just entertainment for entertainment's sake, and that's fine. Did anybody really click on that link looking to find important, life-altering news reporting? Come on.
I would agree in principle, but there's only one problem; this article wasn't entertaining. I don't even mean that subjectively.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I have relatively poor sleep habits I suppose, as in I don't go to bed for 8 hours every night. If I did that I'd only have 3-4 hours of being awake at home, and that sucks.

And i will occasionally drink from a container, but only when i can finish it and throw it away, I don't feel like dirtying a glass and cleaning it later, especially if I don't have to.

Otherwise the rest of those do not apply to me, but someone might get upset because I usually have a few empty water bottles laying around lol.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:48 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,611 times
What world do people live in that they have time to sleep 8 hours a night?

Old 12-03-2013, 09:01 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
- Don't leave your USED feminine hygeine products on the floor of your bathroom. (Yes, I said USED!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Old 12-03-2013, 09:19 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
What world do people live in that they have time to sleep 8 hours a night?
I like to know as well I can not recall the last time i got 8 hours of sleep. Nowadays i got to bed at 2:30 am and get up at 7:30am . I just feel like i can sleep once i am successful at life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships