Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM

113 posts, read 185,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Your her client, and she works in cosmetology. Of course she is going to be nice to you, and compliment your appearance. You pay her to look good. So what you thought was being flirty might have just been her conducting business. You did say she gave you her email for business/work related reasons.

Go get your hair cut and flesh it out. Ignoring it will only make it worse, and you seem to like her as a stylist.

The daughter of my mom's friend, a beautiful Russian girl, married a guy that she met while at her job cutting hair. He asked her out after she cut his hair and they recently got married. The guy isn't as good looking as I am BTW

That's kinda why I did it. I knew there was a good chance for a rejection but that's part of the game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
If the other party is being nice, flirty, dropping you compliments, while providing you a service - they're doing their job. Nothing more.

Not necessarily true. I gave you an example in my last post - I'll give you another one. One of my family friends married the girl who sold him his BMW

Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,172,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
I've been getting my haircut by this beautiful hair stylist for the last 3 months and I felt that we were getting along really great. Last time I saw her, we had a lot of fun and she even gave me a compliment (that I had a great looking complexion). It seemed like we had a lot in common

She gave me her email address for some work related reasons. I wanted to ask her out at work but I chickened out because her co workers were right there. I ended up asking her out via e-mail - I just couldn't let the opportunity go by because I felt like we were getting along so well. This was Sunday and today is Tuesday and she has not responded yet. She usually cuts hair on Fridays through Sundays so I'm thinking there is a chance she hasn't checked her email yet but that seems somewhat unlikely. It seems to be more likely that I got turned down

I'm not sure if I should go see her next time when I get my hair cut. What do you guys think about situations like this? Will awkwardness be too much?

The shampoo girl at my salon compliments me on my eye make up.

My stylist compliments me on my outfit and how thick and healthy my hair is. She always tells me she loves cutting my hair. I'm pretty sure she says that to a lot of her clients.

Another stylist (he's gay) at the same salon has complimented me several times ranging from my daughter's hair to mine to my thick eyelashes.

My point is this--you are their client. It's not flirting. They want to keep you going back so they're nice to all their clients. They want their clients to feel welcomed. I'm sure often times it's genuine but in that business, you definitely get more bees with honey.

How exactly was she flirting other than complimenting your complexion?

I don't read my emails every day. Maybe after being on her feet working Friday through Sunday, she just wants to relax? Give it a few days and see what happens.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,675,984 times
Quote:
I would usually ask her out in person but her co workers were right there, just didn't want to make it awkward

If she likes me, she will say yes no matter how I ask her out. I work in sales for a living and people will buy a product if they want it no matter how you ask for their business

I was not quiet at all. We had great conversation the whole time. I think she felt very comfortable around me

what if she does not respond to me at all. Should I still go to her for my hair? How should I act?
This is what I meant, my scenario was for the future cut. I think though it's best to act the same like it never happened.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,861,047 times
should have actually asked her out using your mouth, not typing an email.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM

448 posts, read 760,203 times
Quote:
I've been getting my haircut by this beautiful hair stylist for the last 3 months and I felt that we were getting along really great. Last time I saw her, we had a lot of fun and she even gave me a compliment (that I had a great looking complexion). It seemed like we had a lot in common

She gave me her email address for some work related reasons. I wanted to ask her out at work but I chickened out because her co workers were right there. I ended up asking her out via e-mail - I just couldn't let the opportunity go by because I felt like we were getting along so well. This was Sunday and today is Tuesday and she has not responded yet. She usually cuts hair on Fridays through Sundays so I'm thinking there is a chance she hasn't checked her email yet but that seems somewhat unlikely. It seems to be more likely that I got turned down

I'm not sure if I should go see her next time when I get my hair cut. What do you guys think about situations like this? Will awkwardness be too much?
I would just act like nothing happened.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,874,400 times
Quote:
The daughter of my mom's friend, a beautiful Russian girl, married a guy that she met while at her job cutting hair. He asked her out after she cut his hair and they recently got married. The guy isn't as good looking as I am BTW

That's kinda why I did it. I knew there was a good chance for a rejection but that's part of the game
I am not saying you should not have tried asking her out, but that it surprises me none that she would be nice to a client and not have any interest in dating. Doesn't mean she wouldn't reject everyone, but for her it is likely a daily event.

So if the situation is awkward, it is in part because of how you asked.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
The shampoo girl at my salon compliments me on my eye make up.

My stylist compliments me on my outfit and how thick and healthy my hair is. She always tells me she loves cutting my hair. I'm pretty sure she says that to a lot of her clients.

Another stylist (he's gay) at the same salon has complimented me several times ranging from my daughter's hair to mine to my thick eyelashes.

My point is this--you are their client. It's not flirting. They want to keep you going back so they're nice to all their clients. They want their clients to feel welcomed. I'm sure often times it's genuine but in that business, you definitely get more bees with honey.

How exactly was she flirting other than complimenting your complexion?

I don't read my emails every day. Maybe after being on her feet working Friday through Sunday, she just wants to relax? Give it a few days and see what happens.

See the 2 examples above your post of men getting married with women who provided them a service. I'm sure I can find a million more examples if I ask around online

The reason I asked her out is because I felt like we had gotten to know each other very well (had a lot in common), I am a good looking man and she gave me a lot of positive energy. I knew it was a high risk situation going in but I swung for the fences

Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
This is what I meant, my scenario was for the future cut. I think though it's best to act the same like it never happened.

I'm baffled that she wouldn't give me a polite letdown though as a worst case scenario so it wouldn't be awkward to get my hair cut there again in the future

Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,172,679 times
Quote:
See the 2 examples above your post of men getting married with women who provided them a service. I'm sure I can find a million more examples if I ask around online

The reason I asked her out is because I felt like we had gotten to know each other very well (had a lot in common), I am a good looking man and she gave me a lot of positive energy. I knew it was a high risk situation going in but I swung for the fences
I didn't ask for examples LOL

What exactly was the flirting that was going on between you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships