Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM

113 posts, read 186,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good point. Did you look to see if she wears a wedding ring, OP?

Definitely single, She told me 50 different stories of things she did, places she went to (I made a point to ask her who she went with) and boyfriend was never mentioned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,094,111 times
Maybe she is married or has a boyfriend. Maybe she was just being friendly to you because it's her job to be friendly to customers. There's no reason not to try if you thought she might say yes, sure lots of relationships start that way, but most likely she was just being nice to a customer and that was it. And even though I'll say as a woman I probably wouldn't say no to a guy I other wise liked because he took the e-mail approach, I wouldn't be very impressed. Asking her via e-mail is a cop out and it leads to problems such as this because you don't know if her lack of response means no or if she didn't get your e-mail.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe she is married or has a boyfriend. Maybe she was just being friendly to you because it's her job to be friendly to customers. There's no reason not to try if you thought she might say yes, sure lots of relationships start that way, but most likely she was just being nice to a customer and that was it. And even though I'll say as a woman I probably wouldn't say no to a guy I other wise liked because he took the e-mail approach, I wouldn't be very impressed. Asking her via e-mail is a cop out and it leads to problems such as this because you don't know if her lack of response means no or if she didn't get your e-mail.

Guys please stop saying stuff like this. I've said probably 6 times already that I would prefer to do this face to face but I just couldn't find a good spot because all her co workers were there and it was too awkward

You're beating a long dead horse

Old 12-03-2013, 10:58 AM

918 posts, read 1,693,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
Definitely single, She told me 50 different stories of things she did, places she went to (I made a point to ask her who she went with) and boyfriend was never mentioned
That doesn't mean she's single. Maybe she purposely left out the bf because she thought it might lead you on and keep you coming back and give her good tips.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:01 AM

918 posts, read 1,693,848 times
Quote:

I'm not sure if I should go see her next time when I get my hair cut. What do you guys think about situations like this? Will awkwardness be too much?
I'd just act like nothing happened. You're the only person who knows whether or not awkwardness will be too much because you're the one who's potentially feeling awkward.

Maybe casually ask her if she received your email towards the end of your appointment

Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
That doesn't mean she's single. Maybe she purposely left out the bf because she thought it might lead you on and keep you coming back and give her good tips.

I suppose it's possible but it's unlikely. I've been around tons of women in the service industry and the BF always comes out fairly quickly if it's there

Old 12-03-2013, 11:04 AM

455 posts, read 897,030 times
Quote:
Guys please stop saying stuff like this. I've said probably 6 times already that I would prefer to do this face to face but I just couldn't find a good spot because all her co workers were there and it was too awkward

Then, since you now have only two options, you really only need to pick one:
- Go back to get your hair done and ask her, face to face, if she got your email, and what her response is.
- Never go back, and never know.

Of course, you could always go back and tell her you're sorry, and that you were supremely drunk when you sent the email. If I were in your shoes, that would likely be true anyway, so at least I'd be honest.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:04 AM

888 posts, read 1,098,556 times
Quote:
Every cute girl everywhere gets many many suitors. If you use that as a reason not to do anything, you'll be home alone every Friday

What do you mean call her on it?
First of all, not every cute girl has many suitors...we just think they do, so we don't bother to ask. In order to win their hearts you have to be clever enough to know how to ask the right way, on the fly. Which is tough sometimes! HAHAHA

If I were you! I would ask her out right, in front of everyone, "You probably have a ton of guys who sit in your chair who feel that they have made some sort of special connection with you. You run your fingers through their hair, touch them. For most guys it is a form of physical intimacy. They want to take the next step and ask you out. Have you just gotten used to saying no? I'd like to give you another chance at saying yes?"

The honesty will be refreshing regardless how cheesy it is. And if she laughs in your face, take a deep breath and pat yourself on the back. You just asked out a woman in front of a whole room full of women. Takes balls! You still walk out a winner. Even better, there is another stylist out there so you won't even have lost anything in the way of good looks!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,952,301 times
Quote:

I think you are severely overlooking how frequently an attractive woman in the service industry gets hit on by men.

A. It's kind of her job to compliment you and make you feel good about yourself. A good stylist has you leave the salon feeling better than when you entered, physically, and mentally.
B. Because of A., many guys probably think she is hitting on them. Therefore, her dating pool is huge.

You asked her out. No real harm there. You tried. But if I was you, I would be wary of the email contact info. I would guess that if she wanted you to ask her out, she would have given you her card with her personal phone number on it. She probably assumed you would take the hint and know IT'S PROFESSIONAL right now, provided no phone exchange occurred.

If a phone number exchange occurred, then it's different.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,871,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And I, personally, feel it is improper, just as asking people out you work with or have business relationships with. Yes, it CAN work and people can point to examples of it working, doesn't mean it is prudent behavior.
Well that is your opinion, and OK for YOUR life, but who are you to judge someone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships