Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,534,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Slightly off-topic, but where I come from(Quebec) we had the individual who was blamed for starting it; Gaetan Dugas. Some info for those who are interested:
I tend to believe the disturbing theory that HIV started when a group of gay men in New York who agreed to participate in a Hepatitis B vaccine experiment were intentionally infected, but who knows?

The Canadian National Newspaper: HIV-AIDS was created with the use of Gay men as targets for Eugenic experiments suggests U.S. doctor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,303,019 times
Default Yes

Two boyhood friends I used to go to school with, ended up in prison in Illinois. There, they were raped and contracted the disease this way. Both are deceased.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:02 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,766,964 times
Facts about "HIV"

1. It's a virus, it does not care who it's host is, it just wants a warm body to breed inside. It does not discriminate. It does not know, nor care what race, sex, or sexual preference you have.

2. It is easier for women to catch it from male to female, just because of the nature of how things are "deposited" inside them.

3. It is true, that for straight men, who do not use IV drugs, or have sex with other males, are on the lowest end of the chart for catching it. But it is not impossible. Just a little harder due to the mechanics of things.

4. To answer the OP question, yes, I know of two friends who caught it and they were straight, non drug users, one was married and messed around on the side. He caught it, wife divorced him and she did not catch it. I knew a high ranking Navy official who said on every single West Pac tour during the late 80's early 90's that 6-8 sailors per trip would contact the virus from having sex with prostitutes in Thailand.

So while it is harder for straight males, who do not use IV drugs, or have sex with other men, it is not impossible.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:19 AM

37,453 posts, read 45,658,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I'm not saying it's impossible or to not play it safe, but i think the fear-mongering has got out of hand about Aids for the straight male.
What is this "fear-mongering" you speak of?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:32 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,877,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What is this "fear-mongering" you speak of?
There should be enough concern in the possibility of catching HIV that it must always be a consideration when picking a sexual partner.

No Fear Mongering required Say's the father of a son who is HIV+.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:26 AM

8,737 posts, read 9,423,332 times
One only knows how straight the person says they are true or not. I do know a friend that had a health department worker show up at her job to talk with her about her very straight ex-boyfriend and advising her to get tested he passed shortly after. That was more than six years ago, thank goodness she never tested positive. Another person's close to me, her husband tested positive, she tested positive, they both passed on, her child 20 years later is still thriving but misses his mother dearly.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 AM

102,065 posts, read 107,003,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Facts about "HIV"

I knew a high ranking Navy official who said on every single West Pac tour during the late 80's early 90's that 6-8 sailors per trip would contact the virus from having sex with prostitutes in Thailand.
And those men would be risks to every woman they had sex with ever afterwards. Condoms would be essential to those guys, and they'd have to be very careful with their sexual activity at all times. Oral sex would be out of the question, though I doubt they thought of that.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:03 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,824,062 times
HIV is very scary, and as people said.. anyone can catch it regardless of sexual orientation. Use a condom, there's no cure.. it is nothing to mess with.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,877,037 times
A lot of Bisexual men will not tell their women they are not totally straight.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,647,344 times
I do not know any straight identifying HIV+ people.

My cousin is HIV+. Gay, white, male (not just gay, high risk bath house hookup druggie gay.) He is still quite sexually active, and I can only hope that he is honest about his status and safer than he was in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships