Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:56 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Men by nature are not talkers as much as women.
OMG, you haven't met all the compulsive motor-mouth men I've had to deal with in life! There are a lot of guys who think they're brilliant and that the world revolves around them, and they can't stop "sharing" their bright ideas, observations, trivial work success stories, etc. etc. ad nauseam with the women in their lives.

"Interesting", I think, is a balance between burying people in an avalanche of words, vs. being too quiet. "Interesting" is listening to the other person, and chiming in with some of your own ideas/experiences. Give-and-take.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:58 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
You just need to be interesting enough to land them into bed, lol....

Seriously though you don't have to be like the Dos Equis guy or Dan Bilzeran, but at least be able to coherently discuss a few topics.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:30 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OMG, you haven't met all the compulsive motor-mouth men I've had to deal with in life! There are a lot of guys who think they're brilliant and that the world revolves around them, and they can't stop "sharing" their bright ideas, observations, trivial work success stories, etc. etc. ad nauseam with the women in their lives.

"Interesting", I think, is a balance between burying people in an avalanche of words, vs. being too quiet. "Interesting" is listening to the other person, and chiming in with some of your own ideas/experiences. Give-and-take.
Sounds like sharing your life with your SO to me. Seems like you have man issues

Old 12-05-2013, 06:03 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Sounds like sharing your life with your SO to me. Seems like you have man issues
hahaha! You have no idea what I'm talking about! This has nothing to do with SO's. But you must admit, you wouldn't stick around for a lengthy running monologue with no opp'ty to get a word in edgewise, would you?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:24 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True. But talking about TV and Trader Joe's aren't what make a guy interesting. I'm not even sure the issue is about "interesting" so much (who are these women the OP got dissed by, anyway??), but about showing interest in the gf (as opposed to blathering on about oneself), being fun, spontaneous, and creative, and... having interesting musical tastes tends to be helpful. idk, I think the OP just happened to have a rash of bad luck, or something. Picked the wrong women.
Heh. Yea I know you are more laidback because I've read your posts. I'm just used to dealing with too many people who want you to impress them or they start yawning.

Believe it or not, TV is a great source of conversation. Not everybody is going to be able to talk about your unique experiences or cool books you've read, so TV and Trader Joes gets conversation flowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How about traveling because you want to see the world and stories come out of it?

Or do you write? Paint? Anything artistic? Are you in a band?

Do you organize something for a charity? Or work on an invention / a start up?

What are you PASSIONATE about?

People with passions are fun/exciting. People that get up, go to work, come up, watch tv, go to sleep, repeat. Etc. Well, that isn't exciting. You might be a great bloke, but there are lots of very nice men and women out there that are dull as sh*t.
If only you knew dude.

The problem is that you have to make $ to live and your passion doesn't always line up with that. Especially for men this is true. Would a woman rather date a broke musician or a guy who likes to listen to music and see shows but has a good job as a software programmer?

Old 01-23-2015, 08:21 PM

24 posts, read 98,550 times
Interesting in a guy..... If he likes independent music/movies. Found this one Australian artist I like now from a guy I met. Other things.... If he likes cars, esp older defunct turbo ones, can appreciate art, and if I can talk to him on a variety of subjects, not just politics, boring fluff and how he majored in a certain subject because he was told to by his parents.

Uninteresting..... When he's stuffy/formal. I'm formal enough. When he brings up how he's in LOVE with Taylor Swift (she's good singing live... But not a huge fan). And if he says that he doesn't like trying something new once in a while.

I might be too picky for most....

Old 01-23-2015, 08:39 PM

615 posts, read 725,994 times
It means you're not physically attractive enough. Hot (or rich) boring guys have no problem getting quality women.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:48 PM

619 posts, read 651,978 times
Op, you won't be interesting to everyone...but you will be interesting to someone. An overall generalization that you're not interesting and you need to improve it is a dis on yourself. Maybe this girl wasn't interesting enough in her own right and needed you to entertain her. Small minds are like that...they constantly get bored and need someone around to provide the entertainment.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:13 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
I'm so glad that I'm off the market these days because girls sometimes give me headache. They all say they want a nice guy but they all go for assho1es. Because I was once a nice guy turned into an assho1e because that worked out much better.

Being a nice guy like holding doors for girls and taking them out to dinner will get you nowhere. You treat them like cattle and they come barking and calling everynight looking for affection.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:43 PM

393 posts, read 345,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
It means you're not physically attractive enough. Hot (or rich) boring guys have no problem getting quality women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1G4TFnHgHU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships