Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 05:14 PM

20,381 posts, read 14,651,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I've only skimmed the thread but my sense is that the advice being given to the OP is different from the advice that would be given to a woman in the same situation.

If someone tells you that you're not interesting, the solution shouldn't be to try to become more interesting. The OP should simply find someone who appreciates him for who he is.

I've always found it interesting that it in many of these discussions there's this latent assumption that men have to earn women.
I have seen that concept a slightly different way.

Like if you are a woman, there is only one way to "earn men"...look good to their eyeballs. Fortunately there's not one universal standard of what men find visually appealing, despite commonly accepted "cultural beauty standards"...guys as individuals often have a range of preferences that would surprise women who believe we have to look one particular way. But it tends to be mostly looks-based from what men tend to say.

And then men want to insist it's that way going the opposite direction but I have never thought so. More like if you are a man, you just have to have SOMETHING going for you. Maybe it's not looks, but it's money. Maybe it's neither, but it's talent. Maybe you don't have talent, but you're funny. OK maybe not that, but you're thoughtful and kind, intelligent or well read, or tough or athletic or... Something.

Women get one thing. If we can't appeal to someone based on our looks? Forget it.

Men? You can dump your points into any one stat, out of a number of possibilities, and find some woman who will value for it, or at least give you a chance. Pick one. You're only gonna fail if you sit there being a lump without a single redeeming quality, or (more likely) if you self sabotage hard enough that none of the rest matters.

Old 04-21-2023, 06:47 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Went off topic and turned into gender battle.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships