Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 AM

22 posts, read 19,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
Isn't this the same issue that you posted about back in April and it still isn't resolved? If she acted like a fool at a public event over something that happened in high school, it's her problem, not yours. If this isn't the same issue then your "friend" isn't being a good friend and she's probably not a friend at all if she's going behind your back and telling your boyfriend things about your past.
I posted my own story somewhere else and replied to some other female poster that pretty much did the same thing I did too; the difference is I didn't apologize while on this other person's story an apology was issued. She's the one that doesn't want to get over it and it's so obvious by the way she had to dig my name and search for my bf to tell him all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
If your boyfriend isn't mature enough to respect you and will use the past to judge you then he's not being a very good boyfriend. What you've done in the past in high school should have any affect on your relationship.
I think so too. I'm getting tired of all this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 09:04 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Honestly, it sounds a bit like everyone in this equation is still in a high school mentality. Most adults wouldn't keep the drama going after an awkward interaction with somebody they don't have a deep relationship with by following up with an admonishing e-mail, they'd just shrug and move on.

But your boyfriend feeding into this doesn't speak very highly of his maturity level, no. What guy in their right mind would care about some random chick contacting him to complain about perceived social slights from ten years earlier?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:06 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitaJJ View Post
Hi I haven't been here for a long while.

I'm so upset at that she would actually do that. She basically told everything to my bf of 6 months about things that took place about a decade ago (I'm now 26) and how I joked about it in my last message I send her towards the beginning of this year and never apologized.

My bf read the whole thing she wrote in detail, about my friends, her and me when we were all teenagers. That woman wrote it as if I had ruined her or something. Now our relationship hasn't been the same because he didn't know this. He asked if it was all true and if I felt sorry. I said yes but nope, I don't feel sorry whatsoever. Should I send a message telling her to stop meddling in my relationship? I have already tried inviting her to a party a while ago with all my friends and she declined it.

She is practically causing my relationship. It wasn't been the same since.
Toxic person. Get her out of your life.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Honestly, it sounds a bit like everyone in this equation is still in a high school mentality. Most adults wouldn't keep the drama going after an awkward interaction with somebody they don't have a deep relationship with by following up with an admonishing e-mail, they'd just shrug and move on.
I'm now guessing I must be so important to her that she had to feed him bs otherwise if I was that awful to her as she claimed then she would have already moved on after not getting any apology from me (and she won't).
Quote:
But your boyfriend feeding into this doesn't speak very highly of his maturity level, no. What guy in their right mind would care about some random chick contacting him to complain about perceived social slights from ten years earlier?
I know. I thought love in a relationship and the present time was all that matters.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
I'm now guessing I must be so important to her that she had to feed him bs otherwise if I was that awful to her as she claimed then she would have already moved on after not getting any apology from me.
But, see, you are entering into the drama, by continuing dwelling on it. It's obviously bothering you, when something so silly should, by rights, get an eyeroll at most and be moved on from in short order. It's stupid and high school, close the door on it and quit dwelling on it. Don't make it "A Thing."

Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
But, see, you are entering into the drama, by continuing dwelling on it. It's obviously bothering you, when something so silly should, by rights, get an eyeroll at most and be moved on from in short order. It's stupid and high school, close the door on it and quit dwelling on it. Don't make it "A Thing."
I'm bothered because of what she did just 2 weeks and how my bf has been reacting ever since, thus affecting my current relationship.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Toxic person. Get her out of your life.
She's not even in my facebook contact list but as of now, I'm going to set my profile to private.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:45 AM

I think certain people are getting confused by some other female poster who wrote here too. I replied to someone's post at: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post29097506. I'm poster # 117 in there.

I also had a similar encounter as that OP except there was no drink throwing in my case. I just left without giving any further explanation. But damn, if some woman threw a drink at me over something so ancient, I would report her immediately. That sounds like assault to me.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
I'm now guessing I must be so important to her that she had to feed him bs otherwise if I was that awful to her as she claimed then she would have already moved on after not getting any apology from me (and she won't).
I know. I thought love in a relationship and the present time was all that matters.
I am curious if IRL your jokes don't come across as you intend them to.

This old acquaintance from high school seems really mad at you for something from 10 years ago.
Also, the message you sent her seems borderline confrontational. And then it is almost funny cause you invite her to a party, which is partly how the whole problem began 10 years ago anyway.

It is hard to delve into the dynamics too much from this thread, but obviously moving on and recognizing that any communication with this old acquaintance is futile.
And your boyfriend? I am guessing his different way of behaving lately has less to do with some story about 10 years ago, and more to do with an issue that is currently being ignored or overlooked.
If I was you, I would have a talk with your bf and throw it out there.
"Is everything ok? You seem like something lately may be bothering you."
Perhaps come clean to your bf about how you 'joked' with this person 10 years ago, and you didnt mean for her to get so upset about it.

But I'm guessing all this drama is just scratching the surface of a much bigger or different issue, but due to the various communication styles people use, this 10 year old 'joke' is what gets the attention.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:17 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,031 times
this:

U no how to make a shank - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships