Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:05 PM

5 posts, read 106,303 times

Advertisements

Hello, I just joined this forum to ask questions.

To introduce myself briefly, I am a 20 years old college student and have never been in a relationship. By the title, you could assume that I am a guy.

There is a girl that I really like in Econ class. She sits next to me(coincidence). I have liked her for several months and we couldn't get to know each other until late November. I am a shy guy that I tried to make a transition, but always failed. She asked my name first in the beginning of the semester, but our talk kinda stopped there until recently (This doesn't mean we didn't talk at all, we did talk, but it was just a couple of minutes).

About 3 weeks ago, I somehow got her email address by offering her help for class related stuff. My email contained teasing (nothing offensive) and it seemed like she enjoyed it.

Last Wednesday, she sent me an email if we have a class; I couldn't get back to her because she sent me like 5 minutes before the class. I replied to her, saying "We did have one, but it was a perfect day to ditch since nothing important was taught, so no worries." She then replied "I went and no one was there!." I just told her that it's not a big deal and just enjoy your thanksgiving. She said "you are right, you as well!!"

On monday this week, after thanksgiving, I could talk to her for almost entire class for the first time! I asked her how was her thanksgiving and whatnot. I basically asked first for every question, and thankfully, she did ask me back. We talked about what we are taking next semester, siblings related stuff and some more. I kinda teased her a lot while we are talking and she teased me back. She said "You silly" in playful manner. She even drew an abstract and funny looking face/figure and told me it was me!

Yesterday, she was absent. So I sent her an email that if she is sick or something. She said she got up late and asked me what did we go over. I replied to her "Bad student. I can't remember because I slept in class today." She then relied "Equally bad!" I asked her again if she's done with registering her classes for next semester. The thing is I feel like i am the only one who always asks questions. She does answer me, however, hardly ever asks me first. I don't want our conversation to be ended, but I can't just ask her again and again, it's going to look strange.

(By just reading, it may sound that she and I do not care about class at all, but we are both "A" getting students. So please don't be mistaken!)

The Fall semester is almost over, I am thinking about asking her out, (I've never asked a girl out; I can't sleep nowadays because of this.) Do I have a chance? I mean I would still do it because I'd rather get rejected than to give up.

It may have some unintended subjective parts, but I tried my best to write this from objective perspective.

Girls or guys, please help me out. What is in this girl's mind? Is this girl interested in me? Or am I just living in a fantasy?

Thank you very much for your time and have an awesome holiday season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 07:08 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyran View Post
Hello, I just joined this forum to ask questions.

To introduce myself briefly, I am a 20 years old college student and have never been in a relationship. By the title, you could assume that I am a guy.

There is a girl that I really like in Econ class. She sits next to me(coincidence). I have liked her for several months and we couldn't get to know each other until late November. I am a shy guy that I tried to make a transition, but always failed. She asked my name first in the beginning of the semester, but our talk kinda stopped there until recently (This doesn't mean we didn't talk at all, we did talk, but it was just a couple of minutes).

About 3 weeks ago, I somehow got her email address by offering her help for class related stuff. My email contained teasing (nothing offensive) and it seemed like she enjoyed it.

Last Wednesday, she sent me an email if we have a class; I couldn't get back to her because she sent me like 5 minutes before the class. I replied to her, saying "We did have one, but it was a perfect day to ditch since nothing important was taught, so no worries." She then replied "I went and no one was there!." I just told her that it's not a big deal and just enjoy your thanksgiving. She said "you are right, you as well!!"

On monday this week, after thanksgiving, I could talk to her for almost entire class for the first time! I asked her how was her thanksgiving and whatnot. I basically asked first for every question, and thankfully, she did ask me back. We talked about what we are taking next semester, siblings related stuff and some more. I kinda teased her a lot while we are talking and she teased me back. She said "You silly" in playful manner. She even drew an abstract and funny looking face/figure and told me it was me!

Yesterday, she was absent. So I sent her an email that if she is sick or something. She said she got up late and asked me what did we go over. I replied to her "Bad student. I can't remember because I slept in class today." She then relied "Equally bad!" I asked her again if she's done with registering her classes for next semester. The thing is I feel like i am the only one who always asks questions. She does answer me, however, hardly ever asks me first. I don't want our conversation to be ended, but I can't just ask her again and again, it's going to look strange.

(By just reading, it may sound that she and I do not care about class at all, but we are both "A" getting students. So please don't be mistaken!)

The Fall semester is almost over, I am thinking about asking her out, (I've never asked a girl out; I can't sleep nowadays because of this.) Do I have a chance? I mean I would still do it because I'd rather get rejected than to give up.

It may have some unintended subjective parts, but I tried my best to write this from objective perspective.

Girls or guys, please help me out. What is in this girl's mind? Is this girl interested in me? Or am I just living in a fantasy?

Thank you very much for your time and have an awesome holiday season!

You are asking the wrong people these questions.
Ask HER she is the only one who knows if you have a chance, what is in her mind and if she is interested in you.

Please DO NOT ask her out in email though, do it in person right after class or make a real telephone call and use your voice, speak to her and ask her out.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Thanks for your advice.

I am asking her out in person, not via internet

Old 12-05-2013, 07:12 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Thanks for your advice.

I am asking her out in person, not via internet

Good, the reason I said to ask her out after class is just in case she says no, you don't have to sit through the entire class.
Hopefully she won't say no, good luck.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:35 PM

330 posts, read 544,912 times
Quote:
If a girl does not ask you questions, does it mean she doesn't like you?
Not necessarily.
Check if she has a boyfriend first so you don't end up with a black eye...
Good luck!

Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM

Thanks

CSD610 & Tasteslikepurple

Old 12-06-2013, 12:18 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,678 times
in college, if you don't ask a girl out at the beginning of the semester, you'll never get her.

i learned this the hard way...over and over and over...

also, teasing really doesn't do much if you're not in middle/high school

but, idk, situations are different.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,903 times
its very hard to tell you just based on what you wrote. I'd have to see the two of you interacting to know if she's into you or just amusing herself. Only one way to find out.

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"-Wayne Gretzky

oh, and do it this way:

don't be like "will you go out with me". Be like "hey, what are you doing right now/later today/this weekend?" "wanna hang out/chill? go get some food, go wander around this or that interesting area, go do this fun thing?" be cool about it, don't be all formal and uptight. Asking what she's up to before hand gives her an out, because she'll likely see/feel the ask out coming and can dodge it by saying she's busy. You don't want to corner her with "wanna go out?" right off the bat, she might feel bad about saying no and string you along because she's got an aversion to direct confrontation. If she says she's busy and doesn't ask you "why do you ask?" and when you tell her then go "oh, well I'm free at such and such a time, lets do it!" then you have your answer, move on.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:23 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
Treat her like an adult (no teasing); pay attention when she is talking; and show it by asking her questions of true interest to you. If she has nothing of interest to say to you, don't feign interest or you might end up spending the rest of your life as her partner watching the grass grow.

If you show interest in what she has to say, she will reciprocate...if she's interested.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 AM

dub dub II and Frihed89

Thank you. Ive always thought that teasing would work, but I suppose it's more like high school thing. As a matter of fact, I do pay attention to what she's saying by looking at her eyes. (I am not flirting at all times, I try to do it when the situation is kinda amusing.) She grins and laughs when we talk. I will do try to focus on her interest.

Again, thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships