Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,612 times

Advertisements

I've tried zoosk a little and the website sucks but I seem to be getting a lot of interest. Of the three free online dating services I know of zoosk seems to have more of what I'm looking for than OKCupid and plenty of whales. The problem is they want me to pay if I'm actually going to contact anyone, and I'm not going to do that out of principal. Are there any risks with using my full name and telling people to find me on facebook?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 AM

448 posts, read 764,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red138 View Post
I've tried zoosk a little and the website sucks but I seem to be getting a lot of interest. Of the three free online dating services I know of zoosk seems to have more of what I'm looking for than OKCupid and plenty of whales. The problem is they want me to pay if I'm actually going to contact anyone, and I'm not going to do that out of principal. Are there any risks with using my full name and telling people to find me on facebook?
I wouldn't do it simply so your facebook isn't spammed with fakes. Other than that I'm not really aware of any issues with it as long as you don't do anything stupid like tell people where you live etc.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
I wouldn't do it simply so your facebook isn't spammed with fakes. Other than that I'm not really aware of any issues with it as long as you don't do anything stupid like tell people where you live etc.
They can find his address by googling his name and area.

He should actually do a google search and a google image search of his REAL name to see what pops up...you'd be real surprised sometimes what you find when you google your own name. Then decide if you want to do that.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Default Using real name with Zoosk.

Zoosk is not your real name.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:32 AM

32,664 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Do I understand this correctly? You are offered lots of beautiful women but you can't contact them until you pay?

Is it possible that the beautiful women aren't really members? That their photos are there to entice you to pay for a membership? That once you pay your membership you will discover that you can't really get a date with the beautiful women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships