Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 05:31 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,235 times

Advertisements

In the movie "Jaws", did the shark have a tendency to smell blood that was in the water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 05:48 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
In the movie "Jaws", did the shark have a tendency to smell blood that was in the water?
No. The robotic shark did not have the olfactory sensor.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Lets put it this way, have you ever been to a club/bar whatever and there is one guy who will talk smack to any and every woman until he gets one to actually listen? Well this is the guy with high esteem. Why? Because it does not bother him that 99 women said "no" to him because he is confident enough to know that there is that one that will say "yes"

The low esteem dude puts all of his eggs (feelings,emotions dreams, fantasies) into one female and gives off that desparate vibe which she picks up like free meal to a starving man and is more than happy to crush his hopes and dreams with a resounding "I do but not with you" look or a simple and mean sprited NO!

Old 12-13-2013, 06:43 PM

203 posts, read 321,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
On the internet I like to vent about the fact that I am not good enough, due to the fact that I am single. I don't have a family to come back to for the holidays, I am not rich, I am not charismatic, I am not sexy, I am not experienced in bed, I am not a comedian, I will buy my car next year, I have not yet finished my education, I have poor memories (even though my memory is good), I don't have any exciting tales to tell, I have frequent nightmares, my good friends that I know well live elsewhere, I wear hearing aids AND glasses, I suck at reading body language, I am timid around women.

Sure, I am knowledgeable, I am polite, I can have an interesting debate conversation, I like to listen to people, I can make people laugh *sonetimes*, but the fact is, I have not been able to capture and keep the interest of women like the men better than me have. My female friends said they wish their BFs were more like me, yet, I am not their BF.

Despite that, I do my best to keep a grin on my face and keep my frustrations online (one interesting thing is I've only heard advice for seeing a therapist is on CD). Do women really see through all of this? Or am I too inferior? Or do most people here get married early, and I've misses the boat?
You've certainly not missed the boat, but I do believe if a person wants to be in a nice, long term relationship, they can be. You are either choosing the wrong people to date OR your self esteem shows thru in spades... and yes, we can see it.

My advice to you? Seek counseling. Somewhere along the line you have decided that you are not good enough and though you may not come out and say it exactly in those words, you are either saying it in different words or it's in your body language. Also, I would try exercising (light walking every day or every other day) because it will do wonders for your mental health (get your serotonin levels up and get you smiling, beaming and making eye contact a lot)... it will also help with your posture and body language.

There are things that you mentioned in your post that are not going to stop many women from liking you, but the issue of the nightmares are a problem... along with no exiting tales to tell. It sounds like you are stressed about something and you are not living your life. Get a different pair of glasses, join a group via Meetup.com for something you like or would like to do so you do have exiting tales to tell! Take a cooking class at your local YMCA. Go volunteer at your local ASPCA or join a church group. You are throwing off poor vibes and you can turn that around. Once you do, there will be women that will want to bask in your full, vibrant glow!

Trust me... there are multiple someones out there for you -- so get yourself in order so that when she does pass you on the street or sees you at church or at the ASPCA, she'll want to get to know you AND stick around.

Last edited by chrissy_rox2; 12-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 12-13-2013, 06:47 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
actually i don't ..but maybe because my esteem is so low i can't see anyone elses..

maybe i can. when it is pushed outward, i can tell because it usually involves attacking others as a boost .. its never the sad low esteem its the ones that **** people off and offend others

Old 12-13-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
actually i don't ..but maybe because my esteem is so low i can't see anyone elses..

maybe i can. when it is pushed outward, i can tell because it usually involves attacking others as a boost .. its never the sad low esteem its the ones that **** people off and offend others
I'm not really an offensive person though.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:47 PM

409 posts, read 497,769 times
I think I hide mine behind sarcasm and snark very well.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:58 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
I think I hide mine behind sarcasm and snark very well.

Me too i do the same thing it work for a while until it does not.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:01 AM

I just put on a happy mask and try to look smiley and cheerful.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:06 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Do women notice low self-esteem?
Yes.

[and so do men]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships