Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 PM

165 posts, read 322,986 times

Advertisements

Let me qualify baby mamas as women with kids who have never been married.

My fiance and I have been to several weddings this year and all of them have been men with no kids marrying baby mamas.

Have you noticed this "trend"? Is there a shift happening now? Also two of my good girlfriends from college have had men whom they dated for a long time, break up with them to date and marry women with children. Are women without kids no longer desirable?

My fiance told me that maybe the men get attached to the kids and feel obligated to continue to date and marry the mom and help raise her kids?

Can I get some insight/feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 06:17 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
No, I've never noticed this.

I only know two women that have kids that were never married, both went the AI route. Neither have plans to get married, though one wold like to someday. I don't have many guy friends that wanted to get married, but the ones that did married women without children (and none had children).

They probably fell in love with someone that had a child already. That simple. It isn't like you pick and choose who you get attached too (if only it was that simple).

4,471 posts, read 9,833,778 times
My college boyfriend is engaged to a girl with a 4 year old, the girl is around my age, 27. His father passed away when he was young and he was raised by a step father. I think he likes being to this little boy what his step father (always called him dad, never knew anyone else) was to him. This is probably 1% of the cases, but it's still out there.

Last edited by LadyR1990; 12-10-2013 at 06:50 PM..

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Nothing new. I live in an environment where this is fairly common. I want my own kids. I dont dont wanr to raise someone elses kid from another man.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
I don't think it's much of a trend, but maybe teens/women are having kids young from guys who aren't a good match for them/made a stupid mistake with a guy.

I know it's pretty rampant where I live. I don't know many young women who do not have a child or 3 anymore. Kind've a rough reality.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I know it's pretty rampant where I live. I don't know many young women who do not have a child or 3 anymore. Kind've a rough reality.

Where do you live? None of the places I've lived have I seen this.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Where do you live? None of the places I've lived have I seen this.
I do not discuss where I live on this forum.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I do not discuss where I live on this forum.
Eh, from what I gather, it's to the south of Michigan, east of Iowa, north of Georgia, and west of Virginia.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:50 PM

448 posts, read 764,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBound09 View Post
Let me qualify baby mamas as women with kids who have never been married.

My fiance and I have been to several weddings this year and all of them have been men with no kids marrying baby mamas.

Have you noticed this "trend"? Is there a shift happening now? Also two of my good girlfriends from college have had men whom they dated for a long time, break up with them to date and marry women with children. Are women without kids no longer desirable?

My fiance told me that maybe the men get attached to the kids and feel obligated to continue to date and marry the mom and help raise her kids?

Can I get some insight/feedback?
I'd say the opposite. I'm still young but I don't think I'm ever going to want to raise someone else's kid or be with a girl that's had enough unprotected sex outside of marriage to get pregnant. Obviously people have sex but its not that hard to be responsible and not have children outside of marriage. I mean this as a general statement there shouldn't be enough exceptions of responsible people getting knocked up for this to be a trend.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
or be with a girl that's had enough unprotected sex outside of marriage to get pregnant.

Once?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships