Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 01:12 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,496,972 times

Advertisements

I'm curious, there is lot's of different media out there now that includes heavily sexualized impressions of women, or other pervy/sexual segments. TV, movies, music videos, video games, anime, books. Let's stick with the visual ones though for now. Those moments where there's nudity, sex, or other scenes and it's obvious it's catered to a man's fancy. I mean, just take any of your American Pie type movies, and they're filled with ****, ass, and other blatant sexualizing of women. Music videos are often filled with sexual innuendo and images, TV and video games are pretty bad, and don't even get me started on how women are portrayed in some Anime!

So when you're watching these scenes, how does your wife or girlfriend feel about it? When you're watching that American Pie movie and they are doing yet another upskirt shot, when you're playing that game and the female character is wearing a bikini and her boobs are jiggling all over the screen in a lavish cutscene that flys the camera under her legs too, or watching that anime where every girl is somehow magically only interested in sex and sex appeal and is constantly trying to get with men... how does your significant other feel about it?

My wife always says she doesn't care, but I feel like she actually does. If we ever happen to watch these scenes together, the girl's boobs come out and I can just read her mind and face, it's saying "Come on... reallyyy? Why...." Meanwhile, me as a guy will honestly admit to liking these types of scenes.... I'm not gonna lie, they were produced with my sex in mind anyway! But I feel guilty about it, since it is such a terrible representation of women... I don't want to enjoy the scene because I know my wife probably wishes it weren't there, even if she says it doesn't bother her.

So men of City Data, what's your thoughts on sexual media, and how do your significant others feel about you watching them? I'm curious to read your comments!

Last edited by the_grimace; 12-19-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 01:13 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I can't recall ever watching a movie like this with someone of the opposite gender. It isn't the type of movie I'd pick for a date. So, it is a non issue. (I don't have a TV, so a movie would be the only venue where this would occur).

Old 12-19-2013, 01:19 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
We don't watch music videos or anime, and i don't really pay attention to what's going on, on the rare occasion SO has time for a video game. But sometimes the way women, often girls, are portrayed in media is eyeroll worthy because it seems very gratuitous. I find it more concerning when young men are overly invested in CGI women and not real-life ones, or can't distinguish between what they see in an image and how women really are.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I can't recall ever watching a movie like this with someone of the opposite gender. It isn't the type of movie I'd pick for a date. So, it is a non issue. (I don't have a TV, so a movie would be the only venue where this would occur).
Me and my wife don't really watch movies like that (the American Pie type movies), it was just a good example I could think for the movie category. However, even more traditional movies or TV shows we watch will have sexual scenes in them where it's done in a overly sexualized way for the guy's pleasure. I also am a very avid video game player and can't even count the number of times something pointlessly sexualized pops up even in games you wouldn't expect it!

Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I can only guess, I've never been into video games.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grimace View Post

My wife always says she doesn't care, but I feel like she actually does. If we ever happen to watch these scenes together, the girl's boobs come out and I can just read her mind and face, it's saying "Come on... reallyyy? Why...." Meanwhile, me as a guy will honestly admit to liking these types of scenes.... I'm not gonna lie, they were produced with my sex in mind anyway! But I feel guilty about it, since it is such a terrible representation of women... I don't want to enjoy the scene because I know my girlfriend probably wishes it weren't there, even if she says it doesn't bother her.

So men of City Data, what's your thoughts on sexual media, and how do your significant others feel about you watching them? I'm curious to read your comments!
Is she your wife or girlfriend?

Old 12-19-2013, 01:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
I play a really hot elf with big boobs in Tera. Actually, most of my characters in such games sport feminine qualities and sexy features. I may even download Scarlet Blade just for the hell of it. I seriously can't stop laughing.

I don't watch music videos, but I do watch Game of Boobs. It's f*cking awesome. I love breasts, and sex scenes are awesome. (I watched it with a past partner of mine, and would with a future partner)

I am a woman.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:24 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
If my wife and I are watching a movie, which reaches a point where there is nudity in it, her reply is often "gross" and it is a big turn off for her. She just doesn't want to see other people's "stuff" on TV.

Beyond that, we generally do not watch things which were produced with the intent to be overly sexualized (say American Pie or what not).

When we are in the mood to see the opposite sex, we tear the clothes off each other!

Old 12-19-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Is she your wife or girlfriend?
woah, lol. Wife. Fixing now.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:27 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,899,735 times
I don't care. No one here has watched Game of Thrones?

It is rare, but there are vids were men are actually objectified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships