Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm waiting for the seemingly inevitable segue into Briffault's law.
I thought I was the only one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM

754 posts, read 486,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Congratulations?
To be fair, if he's learnt to live with it and does so for the rest of his life he's done a pretty good job.

There's plenty of us on here who are in a similar situation, in our late 20s who have never been kissed, never been in a relationship, virgins etc and moan about it profusely (I'm not one of them ) but if you can learn to live with that prospect for the rest of your life, from your early 20s onwards and it doesn't bother you, then thats pretty good.

Because obviously there are some people not good enough to ever be in a relationship for whatever reason (not saying the op is one of them), but if the guy can accept now and cut his losses and lives happily, fair play to him.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:53 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I'd gamble and say that the OP is gonna be a raging sucess at his endeavor.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:50 PM

537 posts, read 1,243,110 times
I'd much rather see someone happily alone and sharing their opinions rather than someone who is depressed and in a relationship. So without snark, congrats on finding your own version of happiness and sticking to it.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid43 View Post
I am 25 year old guy I absolutely don't believe in marriage and having kids and I am a guy who simply can't get attracted to any girl at all and I am not desperate for a relationship at all I have never been in love or a long term committed relationship and I will never change myself for anyone ever.
My question is Am i wrong to think that I want to be single till I die because I am a "ONE WOMAN MAN" and I have high standards for a girl and I am a person who has high principles, morals and values as a person and I know that there will never be any girl who would love me keep in mind that I don't want marriage and kids ever so does it by any means reduce my chance that no girl will love me after all "LOVE" and "MARRIAGE" are different things right?
I am not saying that I don't believe in love at all but i think It is unlikely in my case due to reasons best known to me but If at all one day if I love I will love only my dream girl who is worthy of me or else no girl at all so Am I wrong to think this way?

Knock yourself out, you are only affecting you and your life and honestly no one else really cares how you live your life and if you remain single or not.

Just try and refrain from complaing how alone and lonely you are in a few hours/day/weeks/months/years
since this is your choice and your choice alone for reason best known only by you.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:16 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
If that's what you want, why do you care what anyone thinks? Do what you want. Be happy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-20-2013, 05:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Stay away from women.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:22 PM

45,378 posts, read 60,561,367 times
It must be Friday night, we have the standard "I'll never like women" post from a 3 post wonder, followed a few posts later with another 3 post wonder offering understanding, explanation and support.

Hi Raena.

Well back to Phil Robertson's threads for me.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It must be Friday night, we have the standard "I'll never like women" post from a 3 post wonder, followed a few posts later with another 3 post wonder offering understanding, explanation and support.

Hi Raena.

Well back to Phil Robertson's threads for me.
Hi North Beach Person. lol

Old 12-20-2013, 05:52 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid43 View Post
I am 25 year old guy I absolutely don't believe in marriage and having kids and I am a guy who simply can't get attracted to any girl at all and I am not desperate for a relationship at all I have never been in love or a long term committed relationship and I will never change myself for anyone ever.
My question is Am i wrong to think that I want to be single till I die because I am a "ONE WOMAN MAN" and I have high standards for a girl and I am a person who has high principles, morals and values as a person and I know that there will never be any girl who would love me keep in mind that I don't want marriage and kids ever so does it by any means reduce my chance that no girl will love me after all "LOVE" and "MARRIAGE" are different things right?
I am not saying that I don't believe in love at all but i think It is unlikely in my case due to reasons best known to me but If at all one day if I love I will love only my dream girl who is worthy of me or else no girl at all so Am I wrong to think this way?
So, you have high standards, morals, principles, as you say. Well, join a church singles group. I'm sure your chances of finding a match there are higher. Or simply get more involved in church activities if you are already a member of a church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships