Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 05:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

You may have all these high standards + some other stuff, but your run on sentences are atrocious. /grammar Nazi.

I don't care what decision you've made, just do what you want to do and see if it was a good move when you look back on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 06:11 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Let's be honest here. These posts of wanting to be single forever are wanting validation for their choice and to say "you ez can't have me!"

I'm not into marriage or kids either but I'm too busy living a kick-a&# life to be worried about getting validation for my choice. If you are happy single you don't need validation.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:58 PM

678 posts, read 1,065,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid43 View Post
I am 25 year old guy I absolutely don't believe in marriage and having kids and I am a guy who simply can't get attracted to any girl at all and I am not desperate for a relationship at all I have never been in love or a long term committed relationship and I will never change myself for anyone ever.
My question is Am i wrong to think that I want to be single till I die because I am a "ONE WOMAN MAN" and I have high standards for a girl and I am a person who has high principles, morals and values as a person and I know that there will never be any girl who would love me keep in mind that I don't want marriage and kids ever so does it by any means reduce my chance that no girl will love me after all "LOVE" and "MARRIAGE" are different things right?
I am not saying that I don't believe in love at all but i think It is unlikely in my case due to reasons best known to me but If at all one day if I love I will love only my dream girl who is worthy of me or else no girl at all so Am I wrong to think this way?
Nothing wrong with wanting to remain single but your post has red flags all over the place. A) You can't "get attracted" to a woman because you emotionally detach from doing so; either you have in the past and got hurt or you've emotionally detached from everything. B) You shouldn't have to change yourself for anyone, for people in long-term committed relationships they have found someone who whole heartily accepts them for who they are and their flaws. Using the "I'm not going to change myself for anyone" line is your way to reject every woman before you get a chance to know them.

You open with, "I absolutely do not believe in marriage and don't believe in having kids" but then you talk about being a "one woman man" and having high morals, values and principles. What do you think married people have low morals, values and principles and they aren't committed to one person. What you've described are the expectations for a successful marriage.

Lastly marriage and love are two different things, you must first love yourself and the individual before you can commit to the vows of marriage. If you can't love yourself first you'll never love anyone else and if you can't love anyone else you can't begin to commit to a marriage.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

Am I wrong to think this way?
It doesn't matter. Your decision only affects you so...

[shrug]

Old 12-20-2013, 07:34 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Since you want to be single forever, the next step is to try to convince (or bully or shame) all men into being single forever, right? That's how this usually goes.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:15 PM
SF SF started this thread

286 posts, read 324,745 times
I don't want to convince others I just asked for other's opinions that's it

Old 12-20-2013, 10:18 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I don't want to convince others I just asked for other's opinions that's it
Well, there's your problem...you care what other people think about your choices

Old 12-20-2013, 10:24 PM
SF SF started this thread

286 posts, read 324,745 times
I think you got me wrong I don't care what other people think about my choice nor do I want to bully or shame as you mentioned I'm not that kind of guy and I'm not being rude but what's wrong in asking other's opinion

Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I think you got me wrong I don't care what other people think about my choice nor do I want to bully or shame as you mentioned I'm not that kind of guy and I'm not being rude but what's wrong in asking other's opinion

I didn't say you wanted to "bully" or "shame" anybody or that you were rude.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be "single forever".

The only thing you seem to be doing wrong is looking for approval for your decision to do so.

You asked, "Am i wrong to think that I want to be single till I die?"

I just answered your question.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:11 AM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Quote:
I am 25 year old guy I absolutely don't believe in marriage and having kids and I am a guy who simply can't get attracted to any girl at all and I am not desperate for a relationship at all I have never been in love or a long term committed relationship and I will never change myself for anyone ever.
My question is Am i wrong to think that I want to be single till I die because I am a "ONE WOMAN MAN" and I have high standards for a girl and I am a person who has high principles, morals and values as a person and I know that there will never be any girl who would love me keep in mind that I don't want marriage and kids ever so does it by any means reduce my chance that no girl will love me after all "LOVE" and "MARRIAGE" are different things right?
I am not saying that I don't believe in love at all but i think It is unlikely in my case due to reasons best known to me but If at all one day if I love I will love only my dream girl who is worthy of me or else no girl at all so Am I wrong to think this way?
If you're that intent on keeping high standards, you're most likely going to be single for the rest of your life.

If you're cool with that, then good.

I'll give one piece of advice though, with regards to women and you being 25. You most likely have no idea what you really want, especially if you have zero dating/relationship experience. You may think you know what the perfect girl is for you, but you may find her some day and realize, "Boy, I was wrong." I've been down that dream girl road when I was younger and all it did was take me in a big circle to end up back where I started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships