Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 11:04 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
That's why I'm extremely skeptical of any claims of seeing unattractive men in relationships "all the time", and I have good reason to be seeing as all there is to support it is anecdotal evidence. Not saying it never happens, but not nearly at the frequency many of those on here are suggesting it does.

Where does one procure the emoticon laughing and rolling on the floor?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 11:12 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
People in society now think everyone should be coupled up when that's not the case. Relationships are work and can be expensive so many people don't participate. There is no law that says you must be with someone. I am a take it or leave it guy. If my girlfriend broke up with me I will just shrug it off. That's life. I may like women and enjoy their company but I don't need them either.
Probably because you would find a new girlfriend in a few weeks.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:42 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Probably because you would find a new girlfriend in a few weeks.
No I wouldn't.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:49 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
I'm indifferent to romantic relationships in general. I used to want to be with someone when I was younger. I have nothing against them, nor am I actively looking for anyone. I don't care enough to. A lot of people think it's nice when they can spend time with someone they care about and vice versa, and I'm sure it is a nice feeling.

I definitely agree that not everyone will experience it and it's not for everyone. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Let the commoners talk. Won't make a difference. It's just another one of those things.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:10 PM

1,913 posts, read 1,275,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm indifferent to romantic relationships in general. I used to want to be with someone when I was younger. I have nothing against them, nor am I actively looking for anyone. I don't care enough to. A lot of people think it's nice when they can spend time with someone they care about and vice versa, and I'm sure it is a nice feeling.

I definitely agree that not everyone will experience it and it's not for everyone. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Let the commoners talk. Won't make a difference. It's just another one of those things.
Truth +1

Old 04-14-2016, 07:12 PM

1,913 posts, read 1,275,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No I wouldn't.
I'm with you on that. It takes a man MUCH more time to find someone else than it does for the ladies. Example, it may take a girl several hours vs a guy which could take several weeks..... But hey, that's just the nature of it.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Where does one procure the emoticon laughing and rolling on the floor?
Something like this . Idk lol.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I'm with you on that. It takes a man MUCH more time to find someone else than it does for the ladies. Example, it may take a girl several hours vs a guy which could take several weeks..... But hey, that's just the nature of it.
It would probably take me months to find another woman. I just got lucky that I had a woman in my social circle to go out with me. If I didn't I'd be in serious trouble and have to rely on cold approaches which barely work btw.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:37 AM

579 posts, read 555,506 times
I don't know, I'm starting to think I may never find anyone. I just feel my combination of personality traits and such is just not what most people want. I'm introverted and many guys seem to prefer the outgoing girls because they seem to get embarrassed when their girlfriend is too quiet around their friends or family and then in turn makes me feel bad and not like them as much. I've had introverted friends, but never boyfriends! Why?!!

I guess i just hope to meet a fellow introvert so we have more in common, but I hardly ever meet introverted men. I've even tried online dating but I swear to god, most of them are outgoing. You would think there would be more introverted men online. I guess it doesn't help that there are less introverts overall in the general population.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:30 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,782 times
To some people it's just as unthinkable that not everyone wants to be in a relationship as it is to me that not everyone likes The Beatles.

I would hope, though, there are more people in the world who aren't looking for love than don't like The Beatles. The Fab Four are essential to what's left of my mental health. Being with someone would only make it worse by giving me more to worry about and obsess over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships