Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 03:33 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No. What you need is a plan for maintaining good emotional bonds (that includes sex) throughout the marriage. Taking time out of the busy schedule regularly to focus on each other is like putting money in the bank. When stressful times come, you'll have that strong emotional/psychological tie to draw on to see you through the rocky episodes. Then you won't need an exit plan. Preventive maintenance is where it's at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to prevent the fire than create a plan to escape it and rebuild your house?
That is just stupid. Its like not have insurance on your house because you think it easier to prevent the fire.

I am not saying you should not take care of your relationship. In fact, I have argued many times that people need to look at themselves, and not always blame their spouse. But that doesn't mean you should be a fool, and not have a plan if something goes wrong.

It is kind of funny. We would never accept that kind of reasoning for anything else. Why get car insurance, much easier to drive safe. Or, why think about being laid off, its easier to be a good employee. No, you always need a plan if something goes wrong. Because if you don't have that then you are putting yourself at risk. You can be the most perfect husband, and you have picked the most perfect spouse, but she can change. You never know what will happen in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 04:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
haha ^^ funny analogies. The thing is, humans aren't cars or houses.

Oh well.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:11 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
haha a hot young guy might change her mind

Old 12-22-2013, 04:16 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Don't shoot the messenger. Men never want to hear the truth about the way some women think. And for some reason, some men absolutely LOVE the women who are "calculating".
For some men, this is an actual sexual fetish. Research stuff like Financial Domination, FemmeDomme, etc.

Might explain why some nice guys stay with complete biatches.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:18 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I ain't gots the time to be fussing around with women who play games.

Never put up with it in my 20's most certainly wouldn't now that I'm older and more cranky.....

I don't get these guy that stay with mean bitchy women.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:21 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
haha ^^ funny analogies. The thing is, humans aren't cars or houses.

Oh well.
So, whats your point? Why state the obvious to divert from valid facts? Just because people are not cars does not mean that a woman cant financially ruin a man.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:26 PM

130 posts, read 224,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I thought I was the only one and is this a major problem for most married couples. If so, why do women lose their sexual drive.
1_ You're not
2_ Yes
3_ IMO, they hit menopause and decide that they are done so you are done.

I'm right at the jumping off point of ending a 36 year marriage because of this. She refuses to see the gyno to find out if something can be done to ameliorate this situation. It's been a good number of years and I'm out of patience. I could accept the situation if nothing could be done, but her refusal to even attempt an investigation towards a fix is unacceptable.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoOffenhauser View Post
1_ You're not
2_ Yes
3_ IMO, they hit menopause and decide that they are done so you are done.

I'm right at the jumping off point of ending a 36 year marriage because of this. She refuses to see the gyno to find out if something can be done to ameliorate this situation. It's been a good number of years and I'm out of patience. I could accept the situation if nothing could be done, but her refusal to even attempt an investigation towards a fix is unacceptable.
She's supposed to have a gyno exam every year anyway. It is part of your normal yearly health check up.

How long has it been since you guys have had sex?

Old 12-22-2013, 04:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
So, whats your point? Why state the obvious to divert from valid facts? Just because people are not cars does not mean that a woman cant financially ruin a man.
Isn't that what pre-nups are for?

Old 12-22-2013, 04:53 PM

130 posts, read 224,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
She's supposed to have a gyno exam every year anyway. It is part of your normal yearly health check up.

How long has it been since you guys have had sex?
She goes every year or two but seemingly doesn't find the time to mention this issue.

12 years, a few well spaced out, very indifferent and desultory hummers in between

The reality is that I'm done. Even if the situation got fixed short term it would remain a problem long term and I just no longer give a damn. Once I get her set up on new medical insurance and I'm satisfied that the investment portfolio is workable, I'm going to file for divorce. At 67 I have maybe 10 or 15 more years left and I'm not going to waste them here with someone who really doesn't give a fig about what I need or want.

Last edited by BuenoOffenhauser; 12-22-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships