Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yet the stereotype of "Frigid Wife" still seems to exist.
With all due respect...I think in reality a "Frigid Wife" is a lot more common than a "Frigid Husband"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 08:40 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
I've always maintained an idea that if you can't keep it fresh in the bed room, then the rest of your relationship has potential to fade as well. This is in regards to LTRs. It doesn't have to be intercourse every night, but it has to something, and it should be priority to do attempt it nightly by both partners. At least 20 to 30 min.
This sounds strange. Do you really think -in effect- scheduling intimacy is going to foster a better relationship? Love doesn't work that way.

If a partner told me he expects 30 minutes of "something" each night, I'd be turned off.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:02 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
I understand the way I wrote it sounds like I am requesting a specific time frame, I'm not. But if a couple days goes by and we haven't taken a few minutes to ourselves to shut out the rest of the world, I'm going to be concerned.

Most of us fall into habits. There are good habits, and there are bad habits. All sort of things can come up with cause a person to say, eh, I'm not up for it tonight. And maybe the next night, and maybe the next night? Don't you feel you owe it to yourself and your partner to be able to express what's going on? This time provides that.

With my first wife, this happened naturally, and I found it to be a very valuable benefit to the strength of the bond we had. Seems silly not to practice something so sensible for a stronger partnership.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:14 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
I understand the way I wrote it sounds like I am requesting a specific time frame, I'm not. But if a couple days goes by and we haven't taken a few minutes to ourselves to shut out the rest of the world, I'm going to be concerned.

Most of us fall into habits. There are good habits, and there are bad habits. All sort of things can come up with cause a person to say, eh, I'm not up for it tonight. And maybe the next night, and maybe the next night? Don't you feel you owe it to yourself and your partner to be able to express what's going on? This time provides that.

With my first wife, this happened naturally, and I found it to be a very valuable benefit to the strength of the bond we had. Seems silly not to practice something so sensible for a stronger partnership.
If it happens naturally, I don't see it as an issue, but you can't force something like that.

Personally, I'm not big on talking when there's nothing to say, so I'm probably not your target audience. I prefer to go with the flow.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:24 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
For real? That is laughable.

If a woman wants sex and the man doesn't, she isn't getting any from him.
It is known that men rarely turn sex down compared to women. So women in general do seem to have sex whenever they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
With all due respect...I think in reality a "Frigid Wife" is a lot more common than a "Frigid Husband"
^^

Last edited by onihC; 12-31-2013 at 10:12 AM..

Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
If it happens naturally, I don't see it as an issue, but you can't force something like that.

Personally, I'm not big on talking when there's nothing to say, so I'm probably not your target audience. I prefer to go with the flow.
No one is in my target audience at the moment.

That time isn't for just sharing or just venting, or just sex, or just anything. It is an exercise to be practiced with the intent to keeping things healthy. It should be a natural thing, I agree. It typically is when a relationship is new and fresh, but what about later? This is a good barometer to assess that.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:57 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I thought I was the only one and is this a major problem for most married couples. If so, why do women lose their sexual drive.
It is not a major problem for most married couples, only those with other problems in the relationship. If your wife won't have sex with you, you need to find out why and work on your relationship together.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:54 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It is known that men rarely turn sex down compared to women. So women in general do seem to have sex whenever they want.
Okay. Yeah I'll write that one down and stick it in my back pocket.

Bottom line...you can't force someone to have sex. If she is denied sex, she isn't getting it. If he is denied sex, he isn't getting it either.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:57 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It is not a major problem for most married couples, only those with other problems in the relationship. If your wife won't have sex with you, you need to find out why and work on your relationship together.
I'd agree with this. Well - unless there are medical reasons or things like that.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Okay. Yeah I'll write that one down and stick it in my back pocket.

Bottom line...you can't force someone to have sex. If she is denied sex, she isn't getting it. If he is denied sex, he isn't getting it either.
this is why people lower standards, then we have posts about why do men get with women they are not really into
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships