Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:47 PM

106 posts, read 107,698 times

Advertisements

It would depend on the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 11:17 PM

71 posts, read 82,053 times
Hey, let's be friends

Old 12-26-2013, 11:24 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuush View Post
Hey, let's be friends
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

hahaha I was starting to sing that too after posting

Old 12-27-2013, 01:48 AM

520 posts, read 731,060 times
OP, as a guy who doesn't have very many friends (I have 2), I wouldn't care about a woman not having friends. It seems like depending on where someone lives, it's just really hard to meet new people and make friends. It's like people already have their social circle and they don't want anyone new in said circle of friends. If you really want to make friends though than you'd probably have to get out there and do things. If you don't like bars or partying than there's always volunteer work, or joining a social group that revolves around an activity or something you like. Just being alone at home all the time, you'll never make friends. It might help your confidence to just talk to people, and not even worry about if they're going to be your friend or not. If somebody doesn't want to be friends with you and your a good person, than it's their loss. If you're still in college, that could be a good place to talk to people. Do you ever get put in groups in any of your classes?

Old 12-27-2013, 05:41 AM

97 posts, read 159,842 times
I'll be honest here..I don't have really many close friends. I hang with my sisters. It's enough for me. I'm at a different stage in my life than many of my friends(we are still friends, but they've moved off or we don't really see each other and hang out anymore), and many of my friends are still out there clubbing. If I were single, I would attempt to meet new people....classmates if in school, work mates, etc.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:19 PM

I'm serious about being friends

Old 12-28-2013, 12:39 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I rejected a guy last month (he wasn't my type and didn't hold my same values either; I'm only seeking my male counterpart) and he thought I'm a woman that has some friends, has been in several relationships but is now single and go out sometimes; he thought I was the typical woman and what is to be expected. I lied about it.

Not sure if some men might mind this and find it kind of weird. Or do men generally don't care about this??
I wouldn't give it a second thought because I'm similar in many ways.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:55 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,639 times
I find that almost every woman I've dated has defaulted to befriending my friend's so's, and that was her "friends". It's nice that my fiance' has friends of her own now, but that always intrigued me before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships