Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 10:01 AM

254 posts, read 318,890 times

Advertisements

Addendum: to my previous comment about the NYC Government's sweeping gender (more accurately: sexual, as it is anatomical and physiological rather than behavioral) generalizations.

Propaganda by NYC Government to imbue girls with a sense of birth-right supremacy. No such posters will be paid for by NYC Government to infect the minds of New Yorkers, aimed at improving the self esteem of boys, with slogans like, "I'm a boy, I'm wonderful just the way I am."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/ny...teem.html?_r=0

Quote:
City Unveils Campaign to Improve Girls’ Self-Esteem

No omega boys, will be portrayed as happy, showing skinny arms, with slogans like, "I'm strong, tough, and can kick the world's a** just the way I am."

Propaganda is an old art that goes back a long way. Nazi Germany took it to a new level and all sorts of interest groups use the Nazi protocol today. Male and female feminists are radical with its use in the arts and media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 09:01 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
Addendum: to my previous comment about the NYC Government's sweeping gender (more accurately: sexual, as it is anatomical and physiological rather than behavioral) generalizations.

Propaganda by NYC Government to imbue girls with a sense of birth-right supremacy. No such posters will be paid for by NYC Government to infect the minds of New Yorkers, aimed at improving the self esteem of boys, with slogans like, "I'm a boy, I'm wonderful just the way I am."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/ny...teem.html?_r=0

No omega boys, will be portrayed as happy, showing skinny arms, with slogans like, "I'm strong, tough, and can kick the world's a** just the way I am."

Propaganda is an old art that goes back a long way. Nazi Germany took it to a new level and all sorts of interest groups use the Nazi protocol today. Male and female feminists are radical with its use in the arts and media.
The saddest part is people eat this stuff up hook line and sinker. It results in women thinking they can have the alpha'ist of men so they hold out and everyone is miserable except the celebrities. Its not enough that they are rich they want to make sure everyone else is miserable as well.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 PM

348 posts, read 549,909 times
Well, the comparisons to Nazi propaganda were way over the top, but I do think think this campaign is a terrible idea because it teaches contradictory lessons, and is flat out wrong.

Fighting against the notion that society is too obsessed with appearance by telling everyone that they are beautiful is probably the worst way to go about it. Instead, we should teach girls that how you present yourself is important, but it is not the only thing that defines you. Your character and how you treat other women and men matters as well. Of course, these are hardly, if ever, mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
The saddest part is people eat this stuff up hook line and sinker. It results in women thinking they can have the alpha'ist of men so they hold out and everyone is miserable except the celebrities. Its not enough that they are rich they want to make sure everyone else is miserable as well.
I don't subscribe to the alpha/beta/omega line of thinking, but I do agree that by telling everyone they're beautiful, it certainly does run the risk of teaching people to feel entitled.

Perhaps because I'm a guy, but I could care less if everyone things I'm beautiful. I'm not tall, so need to tell me I'm tall. I'm not sure any of my exes thought I was beautiful, but I do know they loved me. Truth is, there have been times in my life that my behavior has been far less than beautiful. Point is that it's important to accept one's flaws, both physically and in terms of our actions.

Anyway, I do agree with the notion that boys are virtually ignored, and that isn't good.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:57 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Amazing how threads about beauty and standards always turn into a "bash the fat girls" forum. It's like some guys are not offended if a fitness model-looking woman rejected them coldly, but if a big girl is anything but grateful for your presence, she's the worst woman in the world.

The key to women is treating them all the same (except the one that falls in love with you). Most dudes accept more crap from "hot" girls or thin girls that they'd never tolerate from "average" girls and fat girls. Not to be crude, but you have to have a little pimp-game in you. Stop kissing every pretty girl's ***.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships