Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 11:46 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times

Advertisements

I want to see a visual poster like that featuring only men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 11:57 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Uh-ha sure...I can see it now; all the ten men would be ranked as fives...because you know, women wouldn't want them to think they're hot

Old 12-24-2013, 12:18 PM

148 posts, read 292,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm sure no such thing exists, because men are rated in a different way altogether. The guy that is a 5 in looks might be incredibly witty and might have a high paying job, which makes him a 7. The guy that is a 9 in the looks department might work at a bar and have no education and sleeps around, which to certain women (like myself) would bring him down to a 6.
It's easier to judge women based on appearance, because men are visual creatures and we all know that beauty is a key factor there.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:23 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
I'm sure no such thing exists, because men are rated in a different way altogether. The guy that is a 5 in looks might be incredibly witty and might have a high paying job, which makes him a 7. The guy that is a 9 in the looks department might work at a bar and have no education and sleeps around, which to certain women (like myself) would bring him down to a 6.
It's easier to judge women based on appearance, because men are visual creatures and we all know that beauty is a key factor there.

You do realize that male modeling is a world wide profession, right ?
And a lot of musicians and actors that make it big are judged not only on their talent, but also their looks ?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:30 PM

148 posts, read 292,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

You do realize that male modeling is a world wide profession, right ?
And a lot of musicians and actors that make it big are judged not only on their talent, but also their looks ?
Yes, but we're not just talking about the looks of male models here. We're talking about men in general.
And you didn't really disprove my point anyways...

Old 12-26-2013, 10:39 AM

254 posts, read 318,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
What country are you planning to go to?
A number of countries to visit. For the countries, people, culture, experience etc... much more so than "the women." But I have little to no doubts I can attract a woman in some overseas nation. The ones I will visit at any rate. I don't discriminate between women with doctoral degrees in engineering, women scrubbing sheets and laundry, or drug addicted hookers that have'd their faces mashed in human feces. Not all women outside of the USA have been groomed in the Daddy's Girl culture of the United States where every fat welfare queen that can barely write in her native language of English, is deserving of Obamas' and Bill Clintons' or whatever alpha males gets between their legs wet.

But the homeless, dejected, or just beaten in Brazil, male and female, are who I will tell with force of conviction that the least of them (Brazilians) are greater than the greatest Americans. And I'll do it looking like an American with money. Squatting down to their level if need be.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
Women judge men on looks too. Albeit, if a man has lots of money or high social status women will overlook a man's looks. But that's not because women are born saints. Few women like few men are canonized saints.

And "words" (witty or otherwise) can be just as shallow as looks. I'm sure the words of Bill Clinton were appealing to both Monica Lewinsky and his wife. Words can come out the mouth of "players," "pimps," "cars salesmen," and serial killers. So, I give fat a** about "words." The only trust worthy "words" are the words of God, epitomized in the Word of God incarnate whom many of us call Jesus.

I'm sure the words I just spoke/typed neither sound sweet nor appealing to your typical, contemporary, American woman.

So, desiring a woman that is physically a "knockout" that rarely provides "words" lyrically, is a lot less shallow than desiring a male serpent that has a "gift for gab" produced with his forked tongue.

I give a rats a** about "high paying job" as well. I'm irked reading a biography about Chesty Puller a former great Marine. At the risk of committing heresy... it turns out Puller was a serial failure academically. Flunking many (not a few) subjects, including history. Flunked out of aviation school too. Flunked 6 subjects in aviation school, neither passed its ground curriculum or flight training, and came in dead last in his class of 63. He didn't do well academically the short time he previously spent at VMI either. And he came up in Southern privilege with servants as a kid (until his father died). One can hazard a guess the servants were black. He came up with still living veterans of the Civil War and had some insight and chivalry into soldiering and war. He married a woman from his childhood and social background and like most white women of their social background she was college educated.

Puller was a great and accomplished Marine. However, his early academic career was less than impressive. I've gotten A's in many of my college classes and only flunked 3 (which I would have passed not for some extenuating circumstances). And I come from a blue collar, industrial, Black-American cultural background where perhaps 99% of the Black-American males my age from my neighborhood lack college degrees. Many incarcerated or have been incarcerated. So, I don't believe the BS in today's feminist USA that I'm so God awful. Actually, from photos I can see that Puller, like many men of his time, had less rounded shoulders and a less defined chest than mine (or many men of my era). The physical looks of men have become dramatically more important in the feminist USA of today.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:49 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
Women judge men on looks too. Albeit, if a man has lots of money or high social status women will overlook a man's looks. The physical looks of men have become dramatically more important in the feminist USA of today.
Very True. Greater emphasis on the physical has become the norm in our society.
However, as you stated..money can make any man look good to a woman. Not always fair but that is just the way it is.

With that said.....fellas...do what you can to improve yourselves but....don't lose your self identity trying to please these ladies. If she is into you then she will show it. If not then keep it moving.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Very True. Greater emphasis on the physical has become the norm in our society.
However, as you stated..money can make any man look good to a woman. Not always fair but that is just the way it is.
if a masculinist weighed the rational benefits for himself and his future offspring by being with a woman that makes good money running her own law firm vs a woman that drives city buses and has a "bubbly personality" and loves him for him... then male and female feminist would speak of him and portray him in terrible ways.

However, male and female feminist like to appeal to the "theory of evolution" and/or "sexual selection" when it suits their purpose and speak glowingly about the woman that strategically picks the financially better off male. Cherry picking the theory of evolution as they do and standing defiant against other aspects of the theory that run counter to feminist dogma.

Quote:
With that said.....fellas...do what you can to improve yourselves but....don't lose your self identity trying to please these ladies. If she is into you then she will show it. If not then keep it moving.
Excellent advice.

HurricainKid could use some male mentorship (the right male mentorship that is). If he was a female--meaning born with and maintaining a vagina--his posts would gain the sympathy of alpha males and females, feminists and non-feminists, and of local, state, and the U.S. Federal Government. His whining, depression, doubt, and insecurities, combined with his unwillingness to become more competitive in "sexual selection" by methods of "self improvement" would be used as evidence of why the U.S. Government and U.S. culture at large needs to implement grand propaganda schemes paralleling Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, and anti-Nazi Hollywood (circa 1940s) to build the minds, hearts of girls and women in the USofA, imbuing them with a sense of supremacy.

Like sweeping sexual (anatomical per sexual genitalia) generalizations. "Gender generalizations" they would be called on CityData forum. The types of sweep gender generalization the City Government of New York has been implementing--irrespective of the fact boys commit more suicides, acts of violence, are incarcerated more, fall into alcohol and drug addiction more because they are taught (so says addiction therapists) to never speak of their emotional hurts--but only express them non-verbally through violence or substance use.

I grew up with the nursery rhyme (sung to me by my mother) that "...girls are sugar and spice and everything nice," and that "boys are... [suggestively a bunch of bad things]." From an early age boys know that they are guilty of being sh*t until they prove otherwise. Girls are not only innocent until proven sh*t, but circa 21st Century USA feminism its virtually impossible for them to ever be deduced as sh*t no matter what they do, no matter their beliefs, no matter their personality, fetishes, interests etc.

Therefore, the only males to escape, to prove themselves "innocent" of this "original sin" of being sh*t so to speak, are the alpha males. The beta males to a lesser extent, but they must make do with the sloppy seconds of alpha males. The omega males just incur everyone's disdain, and have so since virtually their birth. Not quite their birth but not many years after, once boy children become old enough for competition amongst one another.

Ultimately, I think humans as individuals have to seek self improvement--and/or "human capital." It is one of the burdens of life--burdens of life as a human. A skinny man might need to expend energy gaining weight and muscle mass. A very overweight woman might need to expend energy losing weight (albeit, in the feminist USA the mantra goes that even obese women are beautiful and men are just shallow dogs if they do not simply go for the big woman's "interior beauty").

Nonetheless, one should not lose themselves as you put it, trying to please this crowd or that clique or this or that woman. Some women will demand you deny Christ before the **** crows twice, that you offer as it were, sacrifices of some sort up to their idols. Such women are anathema in my book.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:51 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships