Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 10:36 PM

44 posts, read 30,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Is she employed? Does she make a decent paycheck? If so, you'd be wise to talk her into the option I suggested. It would be best for her, the baby and you. If she's going to keep this baby she doesn't need the threat of you being a parental figure in his/her life.

She can raise the child as she sees fit and you can go on living according to your "rules" with someone else.
Yes, she's employed and has decent earnings but nothing out of this world. I might think about the option you suggest if she goes ahead with the pregnancy.

Thank you.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:39 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMucke View Post
Ok. Complete nonsense now. I asked for constructive answers. My life is at stake here.
You are not suited to be a parent. She knows that you want her to have an abortion. I cannot speak for all women but If I were in her shoes, I would either 1)Never see you again or have you darken my doorway for all the reasons previous posters have noted; or 2) Sue you for child support and raise the child alone.

In other words to answer your question - you have done all you can and need to, to clarify that you want her to have an abortion.

(Im kinda thinking this is a joke - like you really cant be this much of a selfish jerk and have maintained an 8 year relationship - or she has issues of her own)

Old 12-22-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
An unplanned pregnancy is a big deal. It can be a career-derailer, or an education-breaker if she's in school. Even if she wants the baby, it's a very emotional thing. To have the father pitch a huge, scary fit only makes it much worse.
I don't know why but I've always felt she wanted a child and just stayed for me. I don't want to accuse her of doing this on purpose, especially because she's had plenty of years to do it if that's what she wanted.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
An unplanned pregnancy is a big deal. It can be a career-derailer, or an education-breaker if she's in school. Even if she wants the baby, it's a very emotional thing. To have the father pitch a huge, scary fit only makes it much worse.
I would say that to have the father go on and on about following "his rules," and how it's "HER JOB" to get an abortion would make the whole situation that much worse.

If women are smart/healthy, they don't involve themselves in intimate sexual relationships with men who act this way. This is either the BS thread that most are assuming it to be, or the woman involved likely has questionable judgment for spending years with this guy in the first place and putting herself in a position where she's having his kid.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:41 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I don't want to accuse her of doing this on purpose,
Too late. You already did, according to your opening post.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
I don't know why but I've always felt she wanted a child and just stayed for me. I don't want to accuse her of doing this on purpose, especially because she's had plenty of years to do it if that's what she wanted.
You both did this "on purpose". You both had sex, willingly, without being sterilized. If you were so adamant about not having a child you would have used multiple methods. Most people, including myself, know and practice this.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
TO THE OP:

Old 12-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
The fact you broke into a rage and broke things around the house does make you a serious candidate for treatment for rage issues and I'd hate to see a kid being raised around someone like you.
She had complained about my temper before but what treatment is there for it?

Old 12-22-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
You are not suited to be a parent. She knows that you want her to have an abortion. I cannot speak for all women but If I were in her shoes, I would either 1)Never see you again or have you darken my doorway for all the reasons previous posters have noted; or 2) Sue you for child support and raise the child alone.

In other words to answer your question - you have done all you can and need to, to clarify that you want her to have an abortion.

(Im kinda thinking this is a joke - like you really cant be this much of a selfish jerk and have maintained an 8 year relationship - or she has issues of her own)
Oh I have to see her again to discuss this. Our last conversation was obviously very heated and that's no way to make a decision.

Please don't call me a jerk, if you saw us both until now you wouldn't say that.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:47 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
She had complained about my temper before but what treatment is there for it?
There are anger management programs. If a bad temper is something you were raised around, or if there are other deep-seated issues to it, therapy is an option. Both together might not be a bad idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships