Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 11:54 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times

Advertisements

She was just being a *****. Would have ditched her also.

Interesting thought, reverse the genders here. A guy and a girl go out for a meal and or drinks.....girl ducks away, comes back sees her date talking to another girl, doesn't introduce as a date, then asks to join them at her table, like in your case.

All hell would break loose, no doubt a verbal tirade between the two girls, a cat fight and drinks thrown possible too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 01:17 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
I don't think I would want to be with a woman that could have another man lined up in 15 MINUITES, think about the implications if you were to get into a relationship with her. Time to start looking overseas OP, preferably somewhere that women have less of an edge and have to be a little more considerate.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:30 AM

442 posts, read 588,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm not dating anyone, no interested, have no prospects, but being single I've had some time to think back on some past situations. And there is one situation in particular that I brought up to a friend a few weeks ago. This friend told me I handled this in a poor way, but let me tell you the situation.

So a few years ago, around 2009, I was still doing the internet dating thing (pretty much stopped it all about a year later). Long story short, me and a young lady talk on the phone, and we had a really good vibe. I took her out to a nice lounge, fairly upscale, and we're sitting down. We talk for awhile, things look like they're going ok. I'm not sensing any awkwardness, and she appears to be comfortable. So I finally decide we should get some drinks, but I noticed our waiter was slow to get to our sitting area. So I just walk up to the bar, and tell her I'll be back. Of course the bar was packed, but about 15 minutes later, I go back to our table....

To find another guy talking to her. Not only did she not introduce me as her date, she asked me if I wanted to sit at his table. I stupidly agreed. Then I started to try to ask her a question, then she was like "hold on a minute" and continued to chat with this guy. This went on for about 10 minutes, and I had enough. I go up, told her "I'm about to use the restroom" and got in my car, and was gone.

About 40 minutes I'm at home, and I get a call from her. I answered, and she ask where am I. I told her I went home. She asked me why, and I said "do I even need to ask". I told her to have that guy take her home, but she said she had left because she told him that she had rode with me. After she threw some 4 letter words at me, she asked "Are you coming back to get me? I hung up. Never spoke to her again.

So was this situation handled correctly? And if not, how should I have handled it. Again this happened years ago, I think I handled it just fine. But for the sake of argument, what other alternatives were there?
I think to spend 15 minutes in line to get some alcohol (a drug) was unwise. That would irk me so I'd probably start socializing with someone else also, to pass that time.
No one should need drugs that bad.
But...She was rude to ask you to sit at that person's table. It probably was a reaction to the long time you left her alone.

Also it's no one's business whether you guys are out on a date, friends etc.. so I'd never introduce anyone as such if it were me. Politely introducing them by name is plenty.
I'd avoid the alcohol next time, btw.
Otherwise I am sure she got a ride home.
We've all made unwise choices, it's all good. Live and learn.

Last edited by californiawomann5; 12-25-2013 at 01:38 AM..

Old 12-25-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
I think to spend 15 minutes in line to get some alcohol (a drug) was unwise. That would irk me so I'd probably start socializing with someone else also, to pass that time.
But...She was rude to ask you to sit at that person's table. It probably was a reaction to the long time you left her alone.

Also it's no one's business whether you guys are out on a date, friends etc.. so I'd never introduce anyone as such if it were me. Politely introducing them by name is plenty.

She was totally in the wrong here, on several counts. He pretty much did nothing wrong IMO.
But we have only heard his side of the story......

Old 12-25-2013, 02:28 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

She was totally in the wrong here, on several counts. He pretty much did nothing wrong IMO.
But we have only heard his side of the story......

There isn't really much more to say. Our little friendship was very short lived. The only reason why I went to the bar is because she was pretty much asking for a drink, and we sat there for a good 30 minutes with waitresses ignoring us. It was pretty crowded. So I just decided to go up to the bar.

The reality is that she probably wasn't feeling me to begin with. She probably didn't have anything to do that night, and decided to just go out with me. She probably thought she could get some free drinks for the night on my dime. She found someone she thought was more interesting, and decided to forget she was on a date. Truth be told, I should have read the situation better. But I still wasn't crisp as I am these days when understanding the games women play.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:30 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
I think you should have told her something like
"ok it seems you have found some new company, I'm goen home, have fun"
before leaving...

but yeah she did more wrong than you...

Old 12-25-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post

but yeah she did more wrong than you...

Ummm from what he has told us, what did he do wrong?

The only thing he could have done better IMO. Is once he had seen there was a long wait in the que, they could have headed to a less crowded bar (if some nearby). For better service. You should never have to wait 15+ mins at a bar to be served a couple of drinks.

Last edited by dave nz; 12-25-2013 at 03:46 AM..

Old 12-25-2013, 09:57 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post

Yeah, I mean she wasn't wanting some drinks or anything either. She was being a perfect angel the whole time and not wanting any kind of alcoholic substance to imbibe or anything. Nope, she was refusing that drug, too.

Except that they were at a bar, and that she wanted alcohol, which probably didn't help his situation in waiting for a waitress/waiter to come to his table to order drinks that she was also wanting too.

But yep, every woman always acts perfectly and never ever wants any alcohol ever. There are some women who don't drink alcohol, but at the time, she definitely wasn't one of those types. She made a full circle of wrong that night and some women here can't believe it lol.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:59 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
You handled it superbly.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:26 AM

348 posts, read 549,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah, I mean she wasn't wanting some drinks or anything either. She was being a perfect angel the whole time and not wanting any kind of alcoholic substance to imbibe or anything. Nope, she was refusing that drug, too.

Except that they were at a bar, and that she wanted alcohol, which probably didn't help his situation in waiting for a waitress/waiter to come to his table to order drinks that she was also wanting too.

But yep, every woman always acts perfectly and never ever wants any alcohol ever. There are some women who don't drink alcohol, but at the time, she definitely wasn't one of those types. She made a full circle of wrong that night and some women here can't believe it lol.
Agreed.

Maybe, maybe he should've let her know he was leaving and why, even though is would be obvious why.

But it is astonishing how willing women will defend other women no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships