Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 07:35 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,014,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
You can easily counter this by stopping the text conversation and calling. Make some memorable rapport, and ask her out in 1 of 2 ways. You can say you can met her at a specific place at a specific time for a specific activity; or suggest an activity and ask for her availability that week in plain language. If she still won't make concrete plans with you, you could be dealing with a flake or someone not interested so wish her a fantastic day and hang up. See if any of her friends strike your fancy.

Unless you have advanced "text game" more than 1 or 2 short texts can only work against you no matter what. And remember that getting her number is not a binding contract to see you again.

How are you meeting these women? In my experience, the sooner you go out with and make a physical move on such a woman, the better. In some instances you can ask a woman out on the spot, or go on a mini-date with her right then and there. I've done this before. Get someone caught up in the moment, take care of all the logistics, and make it seem like it "just happened." Lots of women love that and may have had only one or two such experiences that they crave to re-enact, met with nothing but failure.

There is a small window of opportunity for most cases, the longer you stall out the more the odds work against you.

I understand your point of view, I used to have a similar perspective. But then I realized that the strategies and rules of the dating world are not entirely logical and prone to logical fallacies, inconsistencies, and are cutthroat.

Don't worry about thinking it could be seen as "weak" or "displaying lower value" by pursuing a woman who gave you her number. Every gender thinks that the dating game is stacked against them, only by gaining experience can one identify the underlying logic (and lack thereof) of the dating world and eventually circumvent the traditional rules and make it their own.
Thanks for the advice but I'm not doing that. I'm not chasing after someone who thinks they are entitled to me because they think I have a johnson in between my legs that I will bark, rollover and pursue them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And all these years I have listened to men complaining about how women talk too much and dominate the conversation.
It's completely different when they are the pursuers.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:41 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
In this particular situation she asked for my number so I gave it to her. She text me saying hi and I replied saying hi back. Right after that it went nowhere because she kept giving one word responses and waited on me to make all the moves and break the ice. When I text she immediately responded but the responses were to put the ball back in my court and forced me to pursue her.

Another situation was at my job. This girl told all my co-workers she liked me and we finally started talking. Except I had to do all the talking. I got tired of her playing hard to get and told her to never talk to me again.
She then blew my phone up for 2 straight days calling me an a hole or what not.
What you described is just plain annoying (been on the receiving end of it myself). It's odd that you ran into two women with similar personalities. On a long shot, could it be the type of woman who finds you attractive? For some reason, I tend to attract a certain personality of men. Maybe you have a similar thing where you attract overly quiet women. Although knowing that doesn't make it any less frustrating/annoying. It might just help explain "why."

Sorry. But if it makes you feel any better, I see your side of this and have to agree with you that one word answers or a person not trying to carry a conversation (that, that particular person started) is weird.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:30 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,565 times
Gosh the women you described sounds just like me a few months ago. I was eyeing this guy and he was eyeing me. He was very quiet and I think very shy also. Well I finally got the nerve to call him up and ask him out to lunch, dinner, etc. like I said I finally got the nerve because I have never ever asked a guy out and I was scared sh*tless. All the men I have been in relationships with asked me out first. My male friend stopped over and talked me into doing it.

Anyway I called him and was soooooo scared and sooooooooo nervous. I asked him out. He said yes and then he went through his work schedule. I thought he was going over his work schedule to hint to me that he wasn't interested in a nice way but actually I guess I was suppose to pick an available day. I got sooo nervous and told him to call me sometime and hung up. He never called me back and I was under the impression that he would call me when he knew his definite schedule. I was wrong and I should of confirmed a date or called him back to confirm a date. I messed up but that goes with me being inexperienced.

So maybe the women that approached you were really scared, shy, nervous. I don't think it should be an annoyance but more of an understanding that a lot of us women do not have a lot of experience in pursuing men. Maybe you were the first or second guy she ever asked out????

Old 12-27-2013, 05:17 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,730,641 times
when a girl plays hard to get i just play harder to get, either they come around or they dont. i dont waste my time.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
:

Then why did she pursue in the first place? If your going to put in little effort and expect me to be a doormat she can think again.
She felt enough to initiate but needed more to continue her interest or grow her interest. This happens all the time with both men and women when they feel lukewarm. People sometimes need motivation, it's not about being a doormat. It sounds like neither of you were interested in the other enough. It happens. She also could be a terrible conversationalist. This also happens.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
It's painfully obvious to the observer. These women are initially attracted but then change their minds once they see what's inside the package. Then they drift off gently so as not to hurt your feelings/bruise your ego. I have done that a bunch of times with guys I lost attraction to once I got to know them better.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
She felt enough to initiate but needed more to continue her interest or grow her interest. This happens all the time with both men and women when they feel lukewarm. People sometimes need motivation, it's not about being a doormat. It sounds like neither of you were interested in the other enough. It happens. She also could be a terrible conversationalist. This also happens.
I'm deleting her off my phone I just ignored her.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It's painfully obvious to the observer. These women are initially attracted but then change their minds once they see what's inside the package. Then they drift off gently so as not to hurt your feelings/bruise your ego. I have done that a bunch of times with guys I lost attraction to once I got to know them better.
Your misunderstanding.
We didn't even get a chance to have a real conversation because she expects me to do all the talking. It has nothing to do with that.

Some, some women are used to guys being doormats. If I'm pursueing a woman thats completely different but if you ask for my phone number why should I put in all the work? How are you going to keep texting me Hi and not say anything relevant afterwards. Delete. delete.delete.

Girl"Hi."
Guy"Whats going on."
Girl "Not much."
.......pause..pause...
okay..... delete.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
What you described is just plain annoying (been on the receiving end of it myself). It's odd that you ran into two women with similar personalities. On a long shot, could it be the type of woman who finds you attractive? For some reason, I tend to attract a certain personality of men. Maybe you have a similar thing where you attract overly quiet women. Although knowing that doesn't make it any less frustrating/annoying. It might just help explain "why."

Sorry. But if it makes you feel any better, I see your side of this and have to agree with you that one word answers or a person not trying to carry a conversation (that, that particular person started) is weird.

Exactly. If see a woman that I like and I pursue I will try to not only initiate but carry the conversation and try to get her interested. I will try to get to know her. Talk about topics that interest her...etc..etc...

hmmm it could be that the women I attract or so use to guys chasing them all the time they don't even know how to carry a conversation because guys have been spoiling them their entire lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships