Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 02:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

It depends. If a guy asks me out I expect him to pay and likewise I expect to pay if I ask him out. However most guys I've dated expected to pay even if I asked him out.

Here's what annoys me are when guys ask me out then expect me to pay or worse expect me to pay for HIM. I do offer but if a guy insists on me paying then he will never get another date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 02:27 PM

663 posts, read 778,233 times
How come women love to use the phrase:

"breaking out calculators"

Has any guy actually kept a tally/brought a calculator?

Old 05-16-2014, 02:45 PM

114 posts, read 153,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopSeeker View Post
Maybe she doesn't have to work either.
My bad. I didn't read far enough. It turns out that she's an artist. No wonder she seemed so happy in all of her posts!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:17 AM

332 posts, read 435,996 times
If you are taking a girl out to dinner, you are doing it wrong.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:18 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
If you are taking a girl out to dinner, you are doing it wrong.
I would only agree on the first date and maybe second date. After that you should have a good feel for the situation and where things are headed.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:20 AM

Alpha lays
Beta pays

Just so we are clear, the Beta is the sucker.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 AM

718 posts, read 599,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Alpha lays
Beta pays

Just so we are clear, the Beta is the sucker.
You are one of the most cynical people I have ever come across. A quick search on your posts and have mercy, WOW. Do women a favor and don't date....ever.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:30 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopSeeker View Post
Maybe she doesn't have to work either.
Forty lashes with a wet noodle for necromancing a thread about a topic that has been beaten beyond death and right on into particulate matter that has gone back out into the universe and will now only serve to congeal back into a forum for bitter jerks who are ticked off that they might actually have to pay for a date that they ask for because heaven forbid they do something NICE for a woman like take her out.

Just saying.

Regardless, if it's OLD, I make it clear that it's dutch. And guess what? Nine times out of ten, the guy is going to insist on paying for most or all of it anyway. If he tells me "no, put that away" or "I'll get this but if you'd like to leave the tip, that would be fine," I'm not going to argue.

If I ask someone out, I expect to pay.

If someone asks me out, I am prepared to pay my way and will bring money with me, but I expect him to tell me that it's on him when I take my wallet out, and invariably they do.

Whoever asks, pays. That is the rule of hosting a date. If you can't afford to take someone out, don't ask for the date.

Some guys on here can pizz and moan until they turn blue in the face, but it has nothing to do with gender roles and everything to do with good manners. You don't ask business, wedding, or romantic guests to pay for their own meals when you are the one who invited them. You are a host, they are guests, and hosts don't ask guests to pay. That's just how well-bred people operate.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Regardless, if it's OLD, I make it clear that it's dutch. And guess what? Nine times out of ten, the guy is going to insist on paying for most or all of it anyway. If he tells me "no, put that away" or "I'll get this but if you'd like to leave the tip, that would be fine," I'm not going to argue.

This is my experience. If I like her I just say you can get next time, or, how about a nightcap... or something along those lines.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouster12 View Post
You are one of the most cynical people I have ever come across. A quick search on your posts and have mercy, WOW. Do women a favor and don't date....ever.
I don't date. If you are a man, dating is for suckers.

Now as for doing other things.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships