Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What age range do you belong to and are you in a relationship?
Late 20s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Early 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Mid 30s and not in a relationship 5 12.20%
Late 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Early 40s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,474 times

Advertisements

Mimi85,

I feel the same way from time to time. It's just a feeling that surfaces from time to time when you are not in a meaningful relationship. I am enjoying the company of a man 12 years younger than myself. Just viewing his body brings me an indescribable "joy" that cannot be explained! Try a younger man! He will keep you young!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 06:40 PM

507 posts, read 513,856 times
Yes and no. Yes because I am watching what is going on around me with everybody else being engaged, being able to find someone or they find them, and yet I am still going through the changes by myself. No because I have also decided in the same breath that this is just the normal reaction someone of my age may or may not have (29 years old) if they want to be married or not. I do want to be married and have children by the time I am 36 but in the mean time there are a lot of things that I want to do before I settle down and become a wife and a mother. I honestly believe by not consuming myself with the worries of who will or won't find me, when the day comes I won't even know it and it will just happen

Right now I am living my life on my terms and working through what I have to. To be honest the last thing that needs to happen right now for me or even in the next few years is me settling down and finding true love.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:02 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
Yes and no. Yes because I am watching what is going on around me with everybody else being engaged, being able to find someone or they find them, and yet I am still going through the changes by myself. No because I have also decided in the same breath that this is just the normal reaction someone of my age may or may not have (29 years old) if they want to be married or not. I do want to be married and have children by the time I am 36 but in the mean time there are a lot of things that I want to do before I settle down and become a wife and a mother. I honestly believe by not consuming myself with the worries of who will or won't find me, when the day comes I won't even know it and it will just happen

Right now I am living my life on my terms and working through what I have to. To be honest the last thing that needs to happen right now for me or even in the next few years is me settling down and finding true love.

good answer
its best to wait for the best compatability, than letting a clock or calendar rush a mistake

Old 12-27-2013, 07:39 PM

112 posts, read 118,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post

Just curious, but do you think said man that is going to perfectly fit into your pre-imagined life script is just going to be there for the plucking when you are "ready"?

Wow a lot of you on this thread are in for some pretty rude awakenings.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:53 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
Just curious, but do you think said man that is going to perfectly fit into your pre-imagined life script is just going to be there for the plucking when you are "ready"? Wow a lot of you on this thread are in for some pretty rude awakenings.
I hate to say it, but I was kinda thinking the same thing.

I dismissed a lot of really nice men when I was in my 20s because I "wasn't ready." Believe me, they are not in surplus once you're in your 30s. I would do anything to have that selection of kind, decent gentlemen at my disposal once again. They're all married now, leading perfectly happy lives. Love does not fit into a schedule. It happens when it happens, and either you embrace it or you pass it by and take a risk that you'll never have that same opportunity again.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:19 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
I hate to say it, but I was kinda thinking the same thing.

I dismissed a lot of really nice men when I was in my 20s because I "wasn't ready." Believe me, they are not in surplus once you're in your 30s. I would do anything to have that selection of kind, decent gentlemen at my disposal once again. They're all married now, leading perfectly happy lives. Love does not fit into a schedule. It happens when it happens, and either you embrace it or you pass it by and take a risk that you'll never have that same opportunity again.
Absolutely. If I could get those situations back again, I would be on cloud 9.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:26 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Absolutely. If I could get those situations back again, I would be on cloud 9.
We cant be on cloud 9 forever, life and everything in it is fleeting.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:28 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
good answer
its best to wait for the best compatability, than letting a clock or calendar rush a mistake
Open book test with no time limits? You sure about that?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:29 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
No, I do agree. Who I really feel sorry for are women — well, men, too (sometimes, but rarely) — who move in with a S.O. out of financial necessity without being offered marriage first. I have several female friends who have done this, and they end up in some bizarre and unhealthy "adult dependent" arrangement from which there is no escape, or if there is escape, it means going back to near-poverty level. I'm just lucky that I have a career, money saved, etc.
The history of marriage and or dependence on a man for survival is/was actually the norm throughout the history of the world. The down side is not 100 percent of the population rises to their potential.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM

896 posts, read 1,176,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, yeah I made a poor choice. But the OP wasn't asking if I thought SHE should be worried about marriage, she asked if I ("single ladies are you worried...") was worried about not finding someone to eventually settle down with. I am not worried about it and I explained why. And for the record, I also said marriage isn't bad for everyone... it was just bad for me.

As far as security is concerned, that was another post I was responding to and I quoted it for clarity.
I think you are making this thread to much about you. not that it is a bad thing, but given the number of "I's" in your post makes me think you would be better served to start a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships