Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:55 PM

16 posts, read 41,890 times

Advertisements

Many women have told me that it's suspicious to reach this age without ever being married. They get even more wary when you say you don't have a steady girlfriend. Of course I don't tell them the part that I've never had a girlfriend.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Awww that sucks. It can be unnerving because many think, what's wrong with him? But with age many know the problems and circumstancs happen.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:03 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedAzzro View Post
Many women have told me that it's suspicious to reach this age without ever being married. They get even more wary when you say you don't have a steady girlfriend. Of course I don't tell them the part that I've never had a girlfriend.
That depends.

Women generally have a type of man they desire, but once they get to age 30, 35, or so they start to compromise.

So, there are a minority of men that every woman wants. Tall, handsome, and successful (or if not successful, whatever niche she is into). After that, it's kind of a man's job to get a woman to compromise. And that's not something that is always all that easy.

So, to be 41 and single, I don't think it's that odd.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:10 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,018 times
Quote:
It's unusual for anyone to reach their 40's without ever being in a relationship. I'd wonder why.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:15 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
It's unusual for anyone to reach their 40's without ever being in a relationship. I'd wonder why.
I agree. There are usually emotional/psychological abnormalities involved. Autism, mental illness, untreated anxiety disorders, etc. It is asking a lot from a woman to take that on in middle age.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:21 PM

678 posts, read 1,064,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I agree. There are usually emotional/psychological abnormalities involved. Autism, mental illness, untreated anxiety disorders, etc. It is asking a lot from a woman to take that on in middle age.
Maybe OP just has severe social anxiety, that's what was up with me when I was single. I liked the idea of dating but hated actually going out because I don't particularly like being around large groups or in formal settings so it always felt awkward.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
I'm naturally shy when it comes to these issues even though I'm an extrovert around friends and family. I have a very hot temper when it comes to daily issues. It's impossible for anyone to live with me. And the circumstances never came along as well. Besides, my job has always kept me pretty busy.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy&EntitledLeroy View Post
This is VERY suspicious indeed! Please explain to us why not only have you never been married, but don't even have a steady girlfriend?
Even if I've had many girlfriends, I doubt I would ever marry. It's a risk far too great to even contemplate the idea.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:35 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
I'm naturally shy when it comes to these issues even though I'm an extrovert around friends and family. I have a very hot temper when it comes to daily issues. It's impossible for anyone to live with me. And the circumstances never came along as well. Besides, my job has always kept me pretty busy.
As I said. Something that a healthy woman does not want to deal with. So yes. they would rightly be suspicious.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
As I said. Something that a healthy woman does not want to deal with. So yes. they would rightly be suspicious.
Oh don't worry, I know I've done society a great favour by not having anyone. It's a closed chapter. I just asked out of curiosity for input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships