Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 09:07 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,205,717 times

Advertisements

I know we have a lot of threads in which certain men have voiced their complaints about having to pay for taking women on a date. I, on the other hand, don't mind paying for a date, as long as the date is cheaper than 10 dollars, total, after taxes. I refuse to take out women I am not in a relationship with to movies and restaurants, given the fact that I will be paying for some strangers meal who will probably never even return the favor, let alone guarantee a fun date. That said, if a woman offers to take me to a fancy place, I will insist on paying my share. Also said is that I wouldn't mind paying for better things in a serious relationship, even going as far as paying for a woman to be at home while the kids are not yet attending school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 09:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,031,960 times
There's a difference between a cheap date and an inexpensive date.

I'd be up for either, depending on how well I knew the person

Old 12-28-2013, 09:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,743,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Hahaha.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Pardon me, English is not my first language.

By cheap, I mean low cost.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 PM

888 posts, read 1,097,515 times
Feeding ducks is inexpensive. Roller or Ice skating. Botanical gardens. Hot dog stands. Dessert shops. Some museums. Old architectural tours in your city.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,925,430 times
The quality of a date is not based on the price tag on the evening.

That said, I feel like a broken record lately.

If your not willing to ask someone on a date, and spend a few bucks while on the date, you should not be dating.

Honestly, how many dates can come in under $10. Hardly any which would include a meal for two, unless you treat to the McDonalds dollar menu.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 PM

11,761 posts, read 11,974,798 times
There are plenty of free things to do that are enjoyable, but to cap a date at $10 is cheap and not in a good way. If spending $5 on someone else is a hardship, I say don't even bother.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:20 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,784,631 times
To answer the question, no, not all woman will judge you on how much you spend. I am sure some will, some won't and some will admire your thrift. It all depends on the personality of the woman you are dating.

You can come up with some pretty interesting cheap dates. You might even make a better impression than the typical dinner and a movie.

I am not sure where you live, but you can often get into museums for free. That could make a fun date where you can walk around, talk, and get to know each other while exploring something interesting like art, history, etc.

National Parks are the same... and also cheap. And of course there are county parks, walking trails, etc. And this time of year, depending on where yo u live, sledding followed by hot cocoa at a coffee place could be fun (but a lot of women might be uncomfortable on a date to a park or walking trail unless there are a lot of other people around).

Roller skating or bowling can be fun too (not many roller skating rinks around, but there are a few).

Wine tasting can be inexpensive too. Usually for about $5-$10 you can sample a handful of wines at a winery. Bring a picnic lunch too and sit and chat.

If there is some kind of expo show (like a car show, boat show, a comicbook convention, home show, whatever you both like) you can get often get free admission (or inexpensive tickets) for hours of fun.

Go to the zoo

Rent a tandem bike and ride it a park, on a boardwalk, or whatever.

In the summer, baseball games are pretty cheap. There is also high school sports as an option (like high school football). And sometimes high schools put on musicals and other performances.

Come to think of it, a local theater group. Although that might run you more than $10.

I am sure there are others... my point is, you can get creative and maybe stand out a little on a cheap date.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
The quality of a date is not based on the price tag on the evening.

That said, I feel like a broken record lately.

If your not willing to ask someone on a date, and spend a few bucks while on the date, you should not be dating.

Honestly, how many dates can come in under $10. Hardly any which would include a meal for two, unless you treat to the McDonalds dollar menu.
Hot dogs, ice cream, pastry, coffee, sandwiches, chilli, that sort of thing.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 PM

888 posts, read 1,097,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Hot dogs, ice cream, pastry, coffee, sandwiches, chilli, that sort of thing.
That's all food! You trying to bulk her up for something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships