Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 10:45 AM

143 posts, read 540,591 times

Advertisements

We have all heard the theories that men cheat because they are biologically driven to do so - i.e. - spread their seeds, can't resist a beautiful woman, monogamy is unnatural, etc.

If men are driven to cheat and monogamy impossible to maintain - why should a woman bother to fall in love with a man? Or more specifically, why should I bother? It seems like asking for heartache and unhappiness. It's like buying a house you know is going to burn down or petting a dog you know will attack you. What is the point .

BTW - I am not asking this to bash men. I know plenty of women cheat too but I am not dating a woman so my question isn't about them. I am a single woman who has never cheated but am surrounded by men (friends and family) who have. They all claim to love their wives but need sexual variety.

So please tell me why I should go down same painful road that other women before me have already gone down? I would rather be alone than be brokenhearted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 10:48 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,824 times
Its a myth that most men cheat.

The men that WOMEN WANT cheat.

Most men cant get women unless they actively pursue them, so most men in a relationship dont really even get many chances to cheat.

The exception is the good looking men women love and the aggressive womanizers women love.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
It's a myth.

You won't meet "most men" anyway.

Sounds like you need to meet new, better people.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:50 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Have you dated everyman in the world?

I think 1 or 2 may not cheat.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:57 AM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Biology isn't destiny, not for men any more than it is for women. (Women are also biologically "programmed" to cheat. They're also programmed to have kids. But some choose not to.) Humans have evolved higher functions of the brain that can over-ride the more primitive part of the brain. Some humans routinely use those higher functions. Others, haha, don't as much. The latter types are the ones you want to avoid.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-01-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,923 times
I also heard the economy is bad, Crime is on the rise, unemployment is getting worse....and yet I still get up every day. If you don't want to date, that's your choice, but let it be based off things that YOU have experienced, not what other people are saying

Old 01-01-2014, 11:04 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
We have all heard the theories that men cheat because they are biologically driven to do so - i.e. - spread their seeds, can't resist a beautiful woman, monogamy is unnatural, etc.

If men are driven to cheat and monogamy impossible to maintain - why should a woman bother to fall in love with a man? Or more specifically, why should I bother? It seems like asking for heartache and unhappiness. It's like buying a house you know is going to burn down or petting a dog you know will attack you. What is the point .

BTW - I am not asking this to bash men. I know plenty of women cheat too but I am not dating a woman so my question isn't about them. I am a single woman who has never cheated but am surrounded by men (friends and family) who have. They all claim to love their wives but need sexual variety.

So please tell me why I should go down same painful road that other women before me have already gone down? I would rather be alone than be brokenhearted.

How can you be brokenhearted if you don't date?
If you do not want to have a relationship because someone "could/might" cheat on you then don't.
Please refrain from complaing about being alone and lonely though because you allowed "what if" to control the way you live your life.

Anyone's home can burn down at any moment. Any dog can bite you at any time. Any cat can scratch you at any time. Any Mother can become upset at something that never upset her before. Any one can be different about the same thing at any moment.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:07 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
read more threads on here...not only dont men cheat, most men cant even approach a woman.

Ive never cheated on a woman ..never!
so not all men do..

Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
We are all capable of cheating, and it's not exclusive to just men-although, we tend to do it more often than women (not by much ime)

Cross your fingers it doesn't happen to you, if you choose to be in a relationship.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:10 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
read more threads on here...not only dont men cheat, most men cant even approach a woman.

Ive never cheated on a woman ..never!
so not all men do..
So true so true, sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships