Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 12:05 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Honestly I'm 23 and still live at home. I am still in college and can't afford to move out right now.
At least you're in college. I'm not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,024 times
Turning 30 was a breeze. I still felt young and fun loving. Mid 30's...not so much. In fact it feels like life is getting much harder. All my friends are married with children. I live in a city that's terrible for singles and known for being snobby, fake and cold. Right now I feel the same angst I did when I was a teenager. It's much more difficult to form friendships as I've gotten older and dating is much worse. But then, I chalk a lot of my temporary life disdain up to my gross city of residency and my s*** job.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I turn 30 in March. I'm already feeling old these days (hangovers, oh.my.god) but I keep seeing things online about how 'women are out of their prime at 30'. Really? I feel like I'm just getting good. I'm finally getting my s*** together. I have an education, a career, and a bunch of travel under my belt. How much does it matter to you, guys, if a woman is in her early thirties vs mid-twenties? If I have to start dating again, how hard is it at 30?

Age is really only a number, ignore those guys telling you your life is over at 30. Dating is really only as hard as you think it should be (or want to be)... I'd imagine early 30's is where you start to run into more people with baggage and whatnot, but there are still plenty of decent people available. I'm turning 30 this year too, and while my age is starting to show a bit in my face, I feel much better about myself and feel more optimistic about things than I did a few years ago.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 AM

112 posts, read 118,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
Age is really only a number, ignore those guys telling you your life is over at 30. Dating is really only as hard as you think it should be (or want to be)... I'd imagine early 30's is where you start to run into more people with baggage and whatnot, but there are still plenty of decent people available. I'm turning 30 this year too, and while my age is starting to show a bit in my face, I feel much better about myself and feel more optimistic about things than I did a few years ago.
Age may only be a number, but it's a fact that a lot of these women still want to have children. As a man in my early/mid 30's, if I were looking to start a family, 30 would be the absolute oldest female I'd consider dating with that goal in mind. All of my friends are the same way.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:17 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
30 is not something to worry about-- unless you've abused yourself and look (+ feel) a lot older than your actual age.

Keep up the drinking and partying and that should do the trick! LOL!!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:20 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
Turning 30 was a breeze. I still felt young and fun loving. Mid 30's...not so much. In fact it feels like life is getting much harder. All my friends are married with children. I live in a city that's terrible for singles and known for being snobby, fake and cold. Right now I feel the same angst I did when I was a teenager. It's much more difficult to form friendships as I've gotten older and dating is much worse. But then, I chalk a lot of my temporary life disdain up to my gross city of residency and my s*** job.
I thought you were much younger than that for some reason. I guess you have a youthful personality. You're not old anyway. I would think 30's would be a good age?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:34 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Wait until you're almost 40 lol
My forties were the decade when I was the most socially and sexually active...if I had to pick a decade to relive, it would sure be my forties.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
Age may only be a number, but it's a fact that a lot of these women still want to have children. As a man in my early/mid 30's, if I were looking to start a family, 30 would be the absolute oldest female I'd consider dating with that goal in mind. All of my friends are the same way.
The majority of my friends met and married their husbands in their early to mid 30's - and some of them married men a year or two younger than them. My closest male friend got married at 29 and his wife was 36. So I don't think your friends and you refusing to consider women a day over 30 is representative of the population at large. I see women getting married and having children in their mid 30's as more of the norm rather than the exception.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:58 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I turn 30 in March. I'm already feeling old these days (hangovers, oh.my.god) but I keep seeing things online about how 'women are out of their prime at 30'. Really? I feel like I'm just getting good. I'm finally getting my s*** together. I have an education, a career, and a bunch of travel under my belt. How much does it matter to you, guys, if a woman is in her early thirties vs mid-twenties? If I have to start dating again, how hard is it at 30?
I wouldn't worry about it.

If you have options at 25, you'll have options at 30, and 40, and 50 and beyond.

I've seen female posters who are in their 50s and 60s posting about how guys are just too unattractive and too short, and chasing after hot guys. Yes, in their 60s.

Which is not to say anything is wrong with that, but that you guys will still have options and get to choose until probably you croak. More practically, probably age 65-70+.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
I was in the same boat. I turned 30 months ago and not looking forward of turning 31. With me as a guy as I got older I started to to meet more women. When I was in my late teens and early 20s majority of the women either go for bad boy type of guys or solely date guys off of physical attractiveness sadly these types of relationships dont last long and creates plenty of baggage for women in the future. So yeah i did not get much play when i was younger. Tried building up myself, went to college and finished by my mid twenties. Did some every now and then traveling, build up my finances like credit score, invest money and I dont even have an high paying job, only a middle income job. Dating and meeting women got better as I got older. But lately I have been bumping into women with baggage, the very women who did not want a decent guy when she was younger and now wants a decent guy. Most of the single 20 something 30 something childless types, I have to venture in downtown Manhattan for that which cost an arm and a leg, however I am having some success. Im currently seeing two women at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships