Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 03:39 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I turn 30 in March. I'm already feeling old these days (hangovers, oh.my.god) but I keep seeing things online about how 'women are out of their prime at 30'. Really? I feel like I'm just getting good. I'm finally getting my s*** together. I have an education, a career, and a bunch of travel under my belt. How much does it matter to you, guys, if a woman is in her early thirties vs mid-twenties? If I have to start dating again, how hard is it at 30?
I wasn't really excited about turning 30 either but I don't think you'll immediately see your love life take a turn for the worse. Men will still want to date you. I am worried about being single at 35 and beyond though but that won't be for a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 03:41 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I wasn't really excited about turning 30 either but I don't think you'll immediately see your love life take a turn for the worse. Men will still want to date you. I am worried about being single at 35 and beyond though but that won't be for a few years.

I wouldn't worry about that. I don't know about a single in shape 35, 40, or 45 yo woman that has any trouble getting dates.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I wouldn't worry about that. I don't know about a single in shape 35, 40, or 45 yo woman that has any trouble getting dates.
Oh I'm sure. I just think that the older you get, it becomes harder to find never married, childless men. I have yet to date a man with a child (not that I wouldn't depending on the man) but three of the guys I dated this year had been recently divorced or separated.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:50 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
I turned 29 back in Oct, and I often forgot that I was "only" in my late 20's. I didn't experience much of the 20's lifestyle since I was married and had children. I've lived a great deal in my short life thus far, and look forward to my 30's.

I don't have much of an issue with dating, even with children, but that could be due to just how wickedly stellar I am.

P.S.,

I exclusively date men 35+. Most have been in their late 30's to early 40's. My beau is 36.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:54 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,215,513 times
I will agree with what many posters have said so far…you have nothing to woory about. Full disclosure, I am 43. My 20s were a hoot but he 30s were when I really felt like I put things together. No matter what age you are you just have to realize that life is a progression. From where I am now I would NEVER want tp relive my 20s. I would CONSIDER reliving my 30s, but even that only if I had a great offer. The older you get, the more perspective you have; you learn not to sweat the small stuff and, if you are lucky, you have built a resume. The 20s are a time when you are struggling to distinguish and find yourself. Go back? No thianks! In all actuality I am not even worried about 50. Thats is a time when I will be even closer to my goals.

As it relates to men and dating specifically, you will always find someone who is interested in your particulat time of life. One of the good things about getting older is that your cotempararies start to become more stable work-wise and more confident in themselves. It is not a bad thing. Kick back and enjoy the ride….I think the life trajectory is great.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 12-31-2013 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: correct typos

Old 12-31-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Oh I'm sure. I just think that the older you get, it becomes harder to find never married, childless men. I have yet to date a man with a child (not that I wouldn't depending on the man) but three of the guys I dated this year had been recently divorced or separated.
Oops, sorry- make that four guys who were divorced, separated or MARRIED at the time that we dated. Thanks to public records (my godsend), I just found out that the 4th one filed for divorce earlier this month so he was married when we went out but conveniently never mentioned it. The 3rd guy never mentioned being married either, but I found out through public records that he had divorced 6 months prior to our meeting. He did speak of an ex, but allowed me to believe it was an ex-girlfriend as opposed to his ex-wife. The 2nd guy said he was divorced but since there was no public record of his divorce, I assumed he was just separated (or heck, maybe he was just plain married), and the first guy claimed to be separated but still has yet to file for divorce although the required 12-month separation period has passed.

All of these men were in their 30s, so yeah. Watch out.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
30 is just a number,,,

if adulthood starts at 18, then you are only 12!!

also on the bright side- if you were a dog, you'd be 180 yrs old..

Old 12-31-2013, 06:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
You have less teen angst in your 30's.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Don't sweat it...I didn't even get into any serious relationships until I was 30. I'm getting married in about a month, and we are 36 and 41, first marriage for both. Dating in my 30s was about ten million times better and more fun than dating in my twenties.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 PM

97 posts, read 159,842 times
I turn 30 in April and I am having a freak out moment as well. I've been married for 10 years, we have 4 children, I'm an RN in a field I love(L&D) and yet I am freaking! I'm told once it happens, it's not as major as you thought it would be and 30's are much better than 20's, but still freaking.

As for the men part, can't help you there, but I don't see why it would be a big deal. I think men like women who have their $hit together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships