Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:23 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times

Advertisements

my exboyfriend and I got back together. He has an exgirlfriend visiting town who will want to see him when she is here. I am of the opinion this woman contributed greatly to our break up. He admits she did in an indirect way. I do not want him to see her. He stated he wanted to continue communication with her on social media when we got back together. I wasn't happy with that but we went forward anyway. He has stated to me he understands she is not trustworthy and he does not want her back. He trusts me. This is the compromise , he can see her briefly but not in a private place. I don't want him seeing her at all where he has no problem with it. So that is what we agreed upon. Just looking for opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 PM

753 posts, read 1,103,991 times
Eh. Why are you asking random people on the net? Seems to me like you and your boyfriend's opinions are the only ones that ought to count, and if you still have some unresolved issues with the compromise you've reached, you should discuss it with *him* instead of us.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 PM

97 posts, read 159,764 times
I think it's kinda strange personally. I don't see why an ex would need to see an ex girlfriend at all or remain in communication. That's fishy to me.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:29 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Sounds a bit odd to me, but on the other hand it sounds like you've got him on a tight leash on the subject, so who knows..... I'd question why after a breakup he wants to keep in contact so badly... usually you need time away for a good while and then maybe be friendly.....

Old 12-31-2013, 08:31 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Eh. Why are you asking random people on the net? Seems to me like you and your boyfriend's opinions are the only ones that ought to count, and if you still have some unresolved issues with the compromise you've reached, you should discuss it with *him* instead of us.
Because this is a relationship forum and people ask each other for guidance and help all the time on these things! Sheesh

OP- i think you are correct to be suspicious. Why does he need to have any contact at all? Did they have a child together or something?

Old 12-31-2013, 08:35 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
No child. He is friends with a lot of exgirlfriends. She said she was pregnant when they were together and there has been 2 different stories as to what happened to the child- abortion, miscarriage. She is not an honest person.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
No child. He is friends with a lot of exgirlfriends. She said she was pregnant when they were together and there has been 2 different stories as to what happened to the child- abortion, miscarriage. She is not an honest person.
He also sounds questionable

Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Why subject yourself to his nonsense? The potential mate pool is vast and can be rewarding. Get yourself some self esteem and boot his game playing butt to the curb already.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Nobody "needs" to be in contact with their ex if they don't have kids together. That is ridiculous.

Why do you need to compromise on this? I mean, good God, you and he both admit she was one of the reasons you broke up before. I would say no way.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:17 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nobody "needs" to be in contact with their ex if they don't have kids together. That is ridiculous.

Why do you need to compromise on this? I mean, good God, you and he both admit she was one of the reasons you broke up before. I would say no way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships