Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you're so sound as a British pound about your decision why are you on here soliciting advice???

Just curious.
That's what I want to know.

Did you "have fun," or did you get a temporary high from all the positive attention from the gang and all the so-called cool GF points?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM

214 posts, read 382,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you're so sound as a British pound about your decision why are you on here seeking advice???

Just curious.
I did not regret anything that I did but just curious if it was a bad first impression to my bfs friends considering where I met them the first time.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:42 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Did you "have fun," or did you get a temporary high from all the positive attention from the gang and all the so-called cool GF points?
Yeah, a lot of men work the "cool GF" thing to their advantage..... same goes with femimsim they twisted that shyt around to benefit them.... you follow me???

Old 01-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Well, of course the gang won't tell you it made a bad impression because they all, including your BF, got what they wanted.

They all planned (without you) to go to the strip club. He told you, in earnest but also probably pre-flinching from the anticipated pushback from you. Much to his relief, you consented.

And you continued to consent all through the night. Yay! What a cool girl! She's like one of the bros!

Except you're not one of the bros. Are you?

Old 01-01-2014, 11:46 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Seems like a lot of folks are kind of naive about the popularity of having multiple sex partners. Look at the forums on POF, and you'll find all kinds of people who have tried threesomes. There are clubs, resorts, cruises all dedicated to the "lifestyle". My guess is this woman's bf was trying to break down her inhibitions. Now its a smaller step to a threesome, and once you get a door open to multiples, where does it stop? If you check out craigslist under casual relationships you find all kinds of folks in your local area "in to it".

Poly, open relationships, nudist resorts, swingers are all over the place. So what? Lighten up. Don't know too many people that hasn't done a threesome or two in their lives. Lighten up some and have some fun. They weren't my thing, but I had some cool experiences (and some bad ones), and I don't regret them. I would have regretted never trying something.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
I did not regret anything that I did but just curious if it was a bad first impression to my bfs friends considering where I met them the first time.
I think you made a good impression on them. The people who would think you are icky and debased would not go to a strip club in the first place.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:57 AM

214 posts, read 382,795 times
Quote:

Honestly, I had a great time. The girl who gave me a lapdance was awesome. I did not feel uncomfortable at all. I actually applaud my bf for taking me there. Out of all the guys Ive dated and I asked each one of them to take me to a strip club no one exept my bf did. It was a fun experience and everybody had a great time! They joke and teased me alot but Im the same way I joke alot too so I dont get offended easily. I made them laugh because I laughed at their jokes and I came back with better ones. I had a great time because I was being myself. I didnt have to pretend that I did not enjoy going to a strip club and hanging out with boys.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:59 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Seems like a lot of folks are kind of naive about the popularity of having multiple sex partners. Look at the forums on POF, and you'll find all kinds of people who have tried threesomes. There are clubs, resorts, cruises all dedicated to the "lifestyle". My guess is this woman's bf was trying to break down her inhibitions. Now its a smaller step to a threesome, and once you get a door open to multiples, where does it stop? If you check out craigslist under casual relationships you find all kinds of folks in your local area "in to it".
I've never had a threesome and I'm 28. I guess I'm just the "odd woman" out. But I definitely agree with the bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
Just to clarify, it was my idea to go with my bf but since his buddies wanted to go too they invited me to come along so I went. What I did wasnt against my instinct and definitely im not desperate. The lap dance was something I wanted to try and my bf or his friends paid for it so why not? I had a great time and it was a different experience. Like I said I would do it again. I did not regret my decision to go.
I don't know, but what I am getting from this is that since they paid it was okay? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:00 PM

Well, ok then.

Crisis averted!

Of course, in your OP, you never said anything about how you have been begging BFs all these years to take you to a strip club. You only said THEY planned to go.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:02 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Well, of course the gang won't tell you it made a bad impression because they all, including your BF, got what they wanted.

They all planned (without you) to go to the strip club. He told you, in earnest but also probably pre-flinching from the anticipated pushback from you. Much to his relief, you consented.

And you continued to consent all through the night. Yay! What a cool girl! She's like one of the bros!

Except you're not one of the bros. Are you?
Consider this advice, and Chow's carefully. It reminds me of a memoir I read called "The Only Girl in the Car." It did not turn out well for her being the "cool girl" around a bunch of young guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships