Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Lol, it's not like the guy wrote her a novel. He probably spent like an hour doing this.
Actually, he said in this thread he spent 6-8 hours on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
We don't have enough information. The OP said he spent most of one day working on this project - 6 to 8 hours. We have no idea what the story was about or what his drawings were of. We don't know the implications to the story either. We just don't know.

I was inclined to say that the girl was the weird one, till I read that the OP had spent a whole day on this little handmade book for a girl he'd been on a couple of dates with. Yikes.

That being said, by our second date, my husband and I were crazy about each other and we got engaged three months later and married ten months later - and after we were serious we both admitted to each other that we'd thought "This is the one!" after our very first date.

We were on the same sheet of music. The OP and the girl in question clearly weren't. OP, whatever the problem was, be glad you cut your losses and just move on. And remember - women do not like clingy, needy men. I'm not saying you were like that with her...just a general piece of advice.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,892,650 times
I'd be totally into a creative type who handcrafted something for me/about me/inspired by time we spent together.

Some other women wouldn't.

Go find one who would! She is out there!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:04 AM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Actually, he said in this thread he spent 6-8 hours on it.
Oh, I missed that somewhere, sorry.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 AM

5,985 posts, read 13,127,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0117 View Post
I met this girl online. We talked online for about five weeks before we started talking on the phone. We talked on the phone for maybe a week or so before we decided to go on a date. Everything was going very well. We went on two dates which were really great. We kept talking on the phone pretty much every day for the next two weeks. Conversation was great and we had fun.

Then on our third date, one day before Christmas I decided that I want to give her a Christmas present. Well one day we were playing a story game where I would make up a story and then she would add some more to it. We didn't finish the story, so I decided to finish and give it her as a Christmas present. I wrote maybe four pages and made some little drawings about it, and put it all together in a nice little handmade book. It was very detailed, very nice and presentable. Well I gave it to her when she headed home after our date.

After that she completely stopped talking to me. She would not answer my calls or texts at all. After a week I got upset and send her a text asking for an explanation because I really thought it was rude.

She told me I totally freaked out by making that book. It wasn't what the story was about, it was just a funny story about her dog. She told she was too overwhelmed because I put too much effort into making that, and she felt it was way too much to give for the stage that we were at.

I tried to explain, but she's really freaked out. I was really trying to do something nice, but it turned out the wrong way.

Do you think that it was inappropriate? Would you had reacted the same way? Why? I'm really confused. I turned something that was going so well into her pretty much her being scared of me. I don't know why she feels that way.
Happens all the time. You just gotta hold back. Plain and simple.

Honestly you have to keep a woman guessing a little. Think of dating more like fishing than hunting. Just put out "baits".

Old 01-07-2014, 11:58 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We don't have enough information. The OP said he spent most of one day working on this project - 6 to 8 hours. We have no idea what the story was about or what his drawings were of. We don't know the implications to the story either. We just don't know.

I was inclined to say that the girl was the weird one, till I read that the OP had spent a whole day on this little handmade book for a girl he'd been on a couple of dates with. Yikes.
Nor do we know but I suspect that her reaction was not based solely on this single act but that she was already a bit on edge. Maybe she was concerned about his behaviour on their dates or the frequency of his phone calls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships