Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:23 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
10 would already be too much. Only if it were in long-term relationships and no casual sex, which I highly doubt (that means he would have had to last 1 year in a relationship since age 16) then maybe. My range is from 0-6/7. It's both the number and cavalier attitude to me.

Nope, I wouldn't want a guy that went to prison, constant/heavy smoker nor drug addict.

how would anyone really know,,?? its not like we have a sex odometer ..

so, if i told you 5 and it was really 18 , yet i was quite a gentlemen,,,how would you ever know?

that road goes both ways,,,a guy wouldnt know either...

bottom line, who you meet today is the end or accumulated result of all his experiences to this point in time,,who you meet today is a much different person than 10 years ago,,people do mature

its funny, the single ladies, ive met in my past, I NEVER asked how many different sexual partners theyve had- who they are is who they are...
but,,,most of the ladies, did ask me,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
how would anyone really know,,?? its not like we have a sex odometer ..

so, if i told you 5 and it was really 18 , yet i was quite a gentlemen,,,how would you ever know?

that road goes both ways,,,a guy wouldnt know either...
Well it's one thing if he actually lied his way through and plays it out too well to the point there are no signs, which I doubt and I never find out. However, it would really suck if I found out later on. I would still have to break up.
Quote:
bottom line, who you meet today is the end or accumulated result of all his experiences to this point in time,,who you meet today is a much different person than 10 years ago,,people do mature
It really means so much to me that he didn't have to go through all that wild period to mature and it's of a low past. As mentioned, I don't want someone changed that used to treat sex differently. I want someone that's always been low in sexual past, only into relationship type and still is.
Quote:
its funny, the single ladies, ive met in my past, I NEVER asked how many different sexual partners theyve had- who they are is who they are...
but,,,most of the ladies, did ask me,
Some of us do care about a man's sexual past and it's really a myth then many men think we don't. It's really a myth that all of us like men that sleep around. We don't and many times I believe some women might be only staying with them because they're compromising and trying to play the understanding role, something I refuse to do.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Just do whatever makes you comfortable.
Yeah and that's what I'm going to do, reduce my dating pool by searching for that particular man.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,608 times
Quote:
Yeah and that's what I'm going to do, reduce my dating pool by searching for that particular man.
I give you kudos for enduring 13 pages of this.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:11 PM

148 posts, read 292,260 times
Just don't go for good looking guys and you should be fine.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Quote:
I believe that if you held yourself to the standard you're asking in a partner in return than you have ever rights to judge that and not accept him/her if they're totally different. I'm sorry but if he had promiscuous past, even if he's remorseful I'm still going to judge that and walk away. I never lived that modern lifestyle and never will, not interested in it either.
Are you afraid of being compared to other woman in bed?

Just because sex was casual in the past, doesn't mean it has to be casual with you.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
I give you kudos for enduring 13 pages of this.
Thanks... well it's ok if others like compromising and don't mind making someone who had ONS, FWB their long-term bf/gf. I'm just not ok with that at all and stay firm on my point. They can keep trying their rebuttals and that's still not going to change my mind nor reconsider my deal-breaker. Yes, I've kind of heard of the HurricaneKid before.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:50 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
This.

My best experiences were with men who had a low count (<10). These men highly valued intimacy as opposed to "sex" in the casual sense. They valued intimacy above all else.
This would mirror my experience even though very few women will tell you how many men they have been with unless it was a very low count.

My biggest concern of a very high count person would be that they would have intimacy issues and I could just be a substitute for any man.

The OP could just as easily marry a man who had been with 25 women and she would never know it unless his family and friends told her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships