Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Yeah all stupid and pointless, I have a vagina that's as untrampled as fresh snow, and I DARE you to prove otherwise.
It's easy to say stupid and pointless if you're into the modern dating lifestyle but if you have kept a traditional view your whole life, like it and expect a partner like that in return than no amount of ''Just get over it, he regrets it'' nor even counseling is going to make me change my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 09:20 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
It's ok. If rejecting guys with promiscuous past is missing out more than I'm fine with that. To me this isn't missing out at all. It just means my dating pool is reduced and by doing that, I'll get closer to finding him.

Off course it don't be done in a completely interrogating way but as a discussion that we'll have very early in the relationship, before sex or other deep things happen.
Don't you think its a wee bit judgemental?

He may not like a girl who regularly masturbates with a cucumber but you get to keep that private...

If you're in the business of judging others you need to ensure you are perfect yourself first.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:24 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Quote:

He may not like a girl who regularly masturbates with a cucumber but you get to keep that private...

If you're in the business of judging others you need to ensure you are perfect yourself first.
One need not be perfect in order to discern and judge a situation. Judging is what people do in the "dating game." It's what has to be done in order to find the person(s) one is truly compatible.

Most of the threads made here have to do with judgments being made about others, whether it's looks, income, mental stability, attitudes, previous relationship status, kid status, personalities, motives, etc. They're all factors that require one to judge. I judge. Damn straight I do, and I own it. Just like the guy who filters out certain characteristics or attributes because they don't meet his expectations. Just like men who won't date "babymamas" because it's evidence of carelessness and poor judgment (promiscuity, anyone?) or "curvy" women because it's evidence they don't respect their bodies and health. Some women won't date men who are divorced because they're damaged goods or they come with baggage. Or men who don't make X in income. If he makes under a certain amount then he's not as driven as her. And so on and so forth.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:

I believe that if you held yourself to the standard you're asking in a partner in return than you have ever rights to judge that and not accept him/her if they're totally different. I'm sorry but if he had promiscuous past, even if he's remorseful I'm still going to judge that and walk away. I never lived that modern lifestyle and never will, not interested in it either.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I believe that if you held yourself to the standard you're asking in a partner in return than you have ever rights to judge that and not accept him/her if they're different. I'm sorry but if he had promiscuous past, even if he's remorseful I'm going to judge that and still walk away. I never lived that modern lifestyle and never will, not interested in it either.
Lol you sound like every TV evangelist...just before they're caught in a cheap motel with an underage hooker and a donkey.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Lol you sound like every TV evangelist...just before they're caught in a cheap motel with an underage hooker and a donkey.
From this statement made, it seems like someone that's into the modern casual lifestyle trying to convince me to change my view on this. I feel strongly on this matter and that's how I'm wired. I'm sure you feel strongly on other matters too.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times
Quote:
I think this is a growing trend now. I've been lately reading about some people are clearly unsatisfied with their partner's sexual past. Though the men seemed to be the ones having more trouble with that, there have been quite several women too. I feel like even the ''relationship only'' type people suddenly have to be ok with those who had ONS, casual sex, FWB and had to go through the stage of sleeping around in their younger years to get to where they are now. I refuse to accept a man like that because I was never like that nor would ever be.

It seems that we're living in a time where the casual sex (high count) group is slightly overrriding us, the ''only in a relationship'' (low count) group. As a result and base on other threads here as well as other sites I've been reading, even if a man or woman is low-count and not comfortable with that contrast, they are still persuaded into going along with the mantra ''the past is the past, accept them for who they are now'' and accept the high-count individual.

But it's clearly causing them trouble and I'm willing to bet they would have love to find someone similar to them in sexual attitude and with the same low-count past.

I would feel very insulted if others try to convince me to accept a high-count man because ''it's all in the past'' and would rather be single if I can't find my male counterpart (I'm serious, I don't want a man with a promiscuous past) in that particular area. I get the feeling some people might be just settling and compromising in this area out of fear of being alone and aging.

If ''the past is the past'' then there wouldn't be any retroactive jealousy, the low-count feeling inferior because he/she couldn't wait for them, threatening break-ups, needing a book or counseling, the need for the high-count to lie and hide this and they would probably feel proud about it but I don't see that being the case.
as a man that had a lot of different women in my 20s, I totally agree with you, being a ***** should never be a badge of honor like some of the feminist are promoting it to be. My current girlfriend has an idea about women ive been with, but this was in a different city & I was in a different line of work that put me in contact with A LOT of women. She will never run into these women because majority of them live in my old home town. I have not been with many women in my new city, just my current girl & 4 other women who live here. If she didnt want me because of pass, I wouldnt call her names like insecure or weak, id have to respect her choice. There is a penalty for sleeping around & that penalty will always be higher for women. My issue on this topic is the men who know they date a ***** & get upset about it. Only to come here & have the whorish women that post here call the wimps & insecure. Not all the women her are whores though. So women do actually value their bodies & hasnt let every man on the block go in there. Those women are treasures.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,479,846 times
Quote:
If ''the past is the past'' then there wouldn't be any retroactive jealousy, the low-count feeling inferior because he/she couldn't wait for them, threatening break-ups, needing a book or counseling, the need for the high-count to lie and hide this and they would probably feel proud about it but I don't see that being the case.
All that proves is that there are still a lot of jealous, controlling, self-righteous, judgmental, sex-negative people in the world.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
as a man that had a lot of different women in my 20s, I totally agree with you, being a ***** should never be a badge of honor like some of the feminist are promoting it to be. My current girlfriend has an idea about women ive been with, but this was in a different city & I was in a different line of work that put me in contact with A LOT of women. She will never run into these women because majority of them live in my old home town. I have not been with many women in my new city, just my current girl & 4 other women who live here. If she didnt want me because of pass, I wouldnt call her names like insecure or weak, id have to respect her choice. There is a penalty for sleeping around & that penalty will always be higher for women. My issue on this topic is the men who know they date a ***** & get upset about it. Only to come here & have the whorish women that post here call the wimps & insecure. Not all the women her are whores though. So women do actually value their bodies & hasnt let every man on the block go in there. Those women are treasures.
Only time I would really call one an insecure is if he's a pump and dumper hypocrite and expects a purer woman for a relationship but doesn't live that same standard himself. Those I don't like either. If they try getting into a relationship with me because of my low-count, I'll call them out on it and probably end up laughing so hard before walking away.

If they had a wild past themselves, did the pump and dump before while insulting the woman they slept with to their friends but get upset that his gf had a past too, then they are the real insecure types. However, if it's a man that never had a promiscuous past himself and is bothered by his gf's past then he has every right to be.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I guess I'm a ***** then

Oh look I miss out on your desirable a$$. Oh my God what a price to pay for all these years of hot sex...!

Btw aren't whoeres supposed to get paid? Gads!!!!! I'm a failed hoare, does that make me pure again?

So many questions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships