Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:47 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
All that proves is that there are still a lot of jealous, controlling, self-righteous, judgmental, sex-negative people in the world.
Actually all that proves is there are some people that don't want to just settle for anyone that isn't their counterpart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 09:51 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
For all the people who are getting on the OP for her preferences, what preferences would a person have that you would find okay or acceptable? Preferences that are similar to your own?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:54 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Yes, I would be honest and mention that we're not compatible and walk away.
Nope, I'm using this sexual past thing because I'm only believe sex should be in a meaningful relationship and just want a man that is wired that way too, the one that Metaphysique described.
I say good for you! Go for the man you want...even if you have to catch a younger guy with no experience, if thats the guy you want, go for it.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:58 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
One need not be perfect in order to discern and judge a situation. Judging is what people do in the "dating game." It's what has to be done in order to find the person(s) one is truly compatible.

Most of the threads made here have to do with judgments being made about others, whether it's looks, income, mental stability, attitudes, previous relationship status, kid status, personalities, motives, etc. They're all factors that require one to judge. I judge. Damn straight I do, and I own it. Just like the guy who filters out certain characteristics or attributes because they don't meet his expectations. Just like men who won't date "babymamas" because it's evidence of carelessness and poor judgment (promiscuity, anyone?) or "curvy" women because it's evidence they don't respect their bodies and health. Some women won't date men who are divorced because they're damaged goods or they come with baggage. Or men who don't make X in income. If he makes under a certain amount then he's not as driven as her. And so on and so forth.
God your life sounds dull.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
God your life sounds dull.
Doesn't follow. I'm intellectually honest enough to admit I assess who would be a compatible partner. Are you saying you'd date a BBW or a single mother with five underage kids with three different fathers? Yes? You're more speshil than baby Jesus. Congrats.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:01 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I say good for you! Go for the man you want...even if you have to catch a younger guy with no experience, if thats the guy you want, go for it.
I'm not looking for a master in bed. I don't care about. I don't mind getting on top and taking it slow if he really has no experience at all. I value men who are selective and don't sleep around. That makes me feel special, that he chose to wait for the next relationship and didn't give in to anyone for the hell of it nor is a sloot-shaming high-count hypocrite.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:12 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Only time I would really call one an insecure is if he's a pump and dumper hypocrite and expects a purer woman for a relationship but doesn't live that same standard himself. Those I don't like either. If they try getting into a relationship with me because of my low-count, I'll call them out on it and probably end up laughing so hard before walking away.

If they had a wild past themselves, did the pump and dump before while insulting the woman they slept with to their friends but get upset that his gf had a past too, then they are the real insecure types. However, if it's a man that never had a promiscuous past himself and is bothered by his gf's past then he has every right to be.
well I cant say I totally agree with that, but I see what you mean. A womans sexual past ranks very high in my book. Not really the count, but the type of guys she has allowed in her body are always of interest, but I never let a woman know im analyzing that information. Its kinda like how women treat successful wealthh guys with more respect than they do average guys. Its just some types of dudes I dont like & I feel these said types should never get laid, if I find out the woman im dating, has been with the type, I immediately lose interest in any long term relationships. Ill just figure out a way to get away from them with no explaination, hoping they fimd someone else. It never works that way though, they used to try to track me down for an explaination or closure. No matter what I tried I was always located.
!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 PM

I have the misfortune to be sharing with a young Indian couple in a brand new marriage.

Sometimes I hear them having sex and it just makes me giggle.

Let's just say, the earth ain't shaking.

If I hadn't been almost entirely vacant of sexual morals (it runs in the family) then I would have missed out on some amazingly passionate experiences.

I get you guys not feeling the same but coming on here all superior is just...sad really.

Its like saying you hate broccoli - how do you know if you refuse to try it?

In my experience young principled and sexually repressed people get married, have a bunch of kids, then all hell breaks loose with affairs and misery.

Quit judging others until you've actually got this wonderfully fulfilling dream partner y'all waiting for. Then you can be smug!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:18 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I have the misfortune to be sharing with a young Indian couple in a brand new marriage.

Sometimes I hear them having sex and it just makes me giggle.

Let's just say, the earth ain't shaking.

If I hadn't been almost entirely vacant of sexual morals (it runs in the family) then I would have missed out on some amazingly passionate experiences.

I get you guys not feeling the same but coming on here all superior is just...sad really.

Its like saying you hate broccoli - how do you know if you refuse to try it?

In my experience young principled and sexually repressed people get married, have a bunch of kids, then all hell breaks loose with affairs and misery.

Quit judging others until you've actually got this wonderfully fulfilling dream partner y'all waiting for...!

Oh please, everybody judges and get judged. Those who say don't judge others are the ones who judges others the most.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
well I cant say I totally agree with that, but I see what you mean. A womans sexual past ranks very high in my book. Not really the count, but the type of guys she has allowed in her body are always of interest, but I never let a woman know im analyzing that information. Its kinda like how women treat successful wealthh guys with more respect than they do average guys. Its just some types of dudes I dont like & I feel these said types should never get laid, if I find out the woman im dating, has been with the type, I immediately lose interest in any long term relationships. Ill just figure out a way to get away from them with no explaination, hoping they fimd someone else. It never works that way though, they used to try to track me down for an explaination or closure. No matter what I tried I was always located.
!
There's something deeply homoerotic about this post....!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships