Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would you date someone with bad teeth?
yes 14 21.54%
no 36 55.38%
only if he/she was amazing 15 23.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 07:35 PM

541 posts, read 857,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
So a guy I work with introduced me to his fiance last night, and his soon to be wife had a huge gap between her front teeth. She was actually an attractive woman besides the bad teeth thing. She was very fit, had an amazing backside and great eyes; however, the gap between her teeth would have been a total deal-breaker for me. It just looks so trashy. Being that this woman is an attorney, I just don't understand why she wouldn't have her teeth fixed. Seems pretty lazy to me. Anyways, would you date someone with bad teeth?
Was she missing her front teeth or had a gap in between like David Letterman or Madonna?

Also, not all Attorneys make big bucks. I know a few who are not doing so well and are moving on to other types of work.

Last edited by Tantamount; 01-02-2014 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 08:21 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,442,804 times
A small gap in otherwise fine teeth would not bother me.

However, a huge gap would be a turnoff, as would buck teeth and decayed, discolored, crooked, missing teeth. I just can't see myself kissing someone with a nasty-looking mouth.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,677,842 times
Are we talking cavities or just bent and really crooked teeth?

I don't care about slight imperfections (we are humans after all, not robots). If the teeth are just kept really badly, or they have serious teeth/mouth diseases you can fooo-gehhttaa-booooowww-tit. Smokers turn me off big time, and generally yellow teeth too.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,198,257 times
This is interesting, because bad teeth, is pretty much a major turn off for me. I go to the dentist, brush my teeth about four or five times a day, have had braces, my teeth whitened about five times. I am basically manic about my teeth.

I once met a man, he was quite wealthy, drove a Mercedes, he had disgusting, crooked, yellow, fur covered teeth. It was so sick, I was almost ill talking to him. I really wanted to ask him, why a successful man like him, never had his teeth done....it was a short meeting. Nothing else.

I actually was dating a guy, and arranged for him to have his teeth cleaned, and go to the dentist. I think men forget these things, some men. I did not tell him he grossed me out.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,677,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This is interesting, because bad teeth, is pretty much a major turn off for me. I go to the dentist, brush my teeth about four or five times a day, have had braces, my teeth whitened about five times. I am basically manic about my teeth.

I once met a man, he was quite wealthy, drove a Mercedes, he had disgusting, crooked, yellow, fur covered teeth. It was so sick, I was almost ill talking to him. I really wanted to ask him, why a successful man like him, never had his teeth done....it was a short meeting. Nothing else.

I actually was dating a guy, and arranged for him to have his teeth cleaned, and go to the dentist. I think men forget these things, some men. I did not tell him he grossed me out.
Conversely, some people are over doing it with the teeth. People with super bright white teeth disgust me.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,196,928 times
We as people have imperfections.
If you really like someone's personality then you have to look past what's not perfect and accept them or move on.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,193,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
How do you draw that conclusion?
the poll results, although the third choice is misleading and vague

Quote:
Most people in this thread, save the OP, don't seem to have a problem with imperfect teeth unless the imperfections are due to poor hygiene.
its easy to just click on a poll choice and leave. many people who dont like bad teeth wont make a post about it for fear of getting flamed

Quote:
I'm sure you're a real catch if women are attracted to you, and I'm sure you'll be an even better catch once you get your confidence up.
probably, i've only noticed it since i started working out and eating healthier. apparently my eyes are a major turn-on to women when they're not bloodshot from being hungover or stoned.

Quote:
I'm sorry your self-esteem is so tied to your teeth, but I wish you luck nonetheless.
i can't think of any another reason....

Old 01-03-2014, 10:43 AM

993 posts, read 1,552,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
the poll results, although the third choice is misleading and vague

its easy to just click on a poll choice and leave. many people who dont like bad teeth wont make a post about it for fear of getting flamed
I think that people define "bad teeth" differently than OP, though. As I said before, I think most people mean rotted, discolored teeth as opposed to snaggly or gapped teeth when they think "bad teeth".

Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 PM

13,565 posts, read 9,573,834 times
We frequently have threads on this Forum along the lines of “he/she is perfect, save for the abhorrently bad teeth”; but this one is rife with especially ornery and callous invectives. Again I say: if bad teeth are such a damning blow against overall attractiveness and candidacy of a potential mate, how in good conscience can the holder of such an opinion ever level accusations of shallowness against anyone’s judgments of physical preferences? Anyone who calls missing teeth a “deal breaker” has lost all standing in disparaging a young’s man dismissal of women who are too corpulent, too tall or too short, ill proportioned, double-chinned, lacking tone or lacking sufficiently nubile breasts or any other possible deviation from the ideal.

I have several missing teeth, and what of it? A woman who construes such flaw as failure of character, has no business dating me. We differ by far more than belief in what’s aesthetically pleasing. We differ in conception of priorities and basic ethical judgments. I take the reaction to missing teeth as litmus test for compatibility. Failing the test means saving both of us much effort and potential future heartache.

Teeth grow askance no less than crooked spines, and come to falter. If you regard the man with questionable teeth as being “but half made”, if you label me another Richard III from glancing into my mouth, I do not begrudge your prejudice; you do yourself a service, by not becoming another Anne Neville.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:56 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,392,273 times
Time to get over your fear of the dentist, dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships