Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 01:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Oh well. Welcome to the club. Women aren't attracted to me either.

Good luck on losing weight.

Oh, all of your male friends who are dogs and only interested in super hot women even though they are batchit crazy?

I really don't believe women when they say there's a physically attractive guy with a good personality who they are just not interested in dating at all. I mean if he is HOT, they will be interested.

Now, some women may have so many options that many above average looking men who are perfectly fine guys are not good enough, because they don't have enough swag or masculinity, are not their specific clique type, etc. That I see a lot of.
You really don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 01:04 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You really don't get it.
It's like he's posting from an alternate reality.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:17 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
My girlfriend and I had a brief conversation about a guy I know who is evidently a stud with women. He is NOT good looking. I said it was a mystery to me. She said its more about personality than looks for women and that men are more focused on looks. I couldn't argue. Thats what has hurt me, my lack of personality, ie: not very outgoing. I'm an introvert. My feedback has been that I'm good looking but being introverted makes people think I'm arrogant or stuck up because I'm quiet. I hate that. So I don't think looks matter much to women.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:33 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
You really don't get it.
You always say that.

What makes you think you get it anymore than I do. What makes you think your dating experiences are any more valid than mine. If I remember correctly, you haven't been rejected since like 6th grade.

From what I have seen, most women will automatically make the hot guys with at least OK personalities an automatic dating option. OK, maybe not all will. But a lot will.

After that, you are right about chemistry. From the remaining men, she will pick the one which she has the best chemistry with, whatever that means to her. It could be swag or masculinity, a rocker, or nerd, as I already mentioned.

But, even then he still must pass a certain looks threshold.

So, if you fail on both looks levels, you have limited options.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
You always say that.

What makes you think you get it anymore than I do. What makes you think your dating experiences are any more valid than mine. If I remember correctly, you haven't been rejected since like 6th grade.

From what I have seen, most women will automatically make the hot guys with at least OK personalities a dating option. OK, maybe not all will. But a lot will.

After that, you are right about chemistry. From the remaining men, she will pick the one which she has the best chemistry with, whatever that means to her. It could be swag or masculinity, a rocker, or nerd, whatever I mentioned.

What makes me think you don't get it is that you only think in black and white terms. All women will go for hot guys. The only women that won't go for hot guys are the women that can't get hot guys. If a guy isn't hot - the only women that will go for him will be settling. You have made it ALL about looks and it isn't. It just isn't. I know it makes you feel better to say it is all about looks - it lets you off the hook for everything. Women don't like you - it's ONLY because of your looks. You don't need to accept any personal responsibility. It's all on the women because women are shallow and you aren't hot enough. Hot guys don't have to do anything and the best women will be falling all over them.

This simply isn't realistic. But like I said - I know I'm wasting my breath. It's obvious that you don't want to see things any other way. You have found something to cling to and nothing will shake you of your beliefs. And that's fine. It's just not reality.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
You always say that.

From what I have seen, most women will automatically make the hot guys with at least OK personalities an automatic dating option. OK, maybe not all will. But a lot will.

After that, you are right about chemistry. From the remaining men, she will pick the one which she has the best chemistry with, whatever that means to her. It could be swag or masculinity, a rocker, or nerd, whatever I mentioned.

So, if you fail on both looks levels, you
Duh. Everyone is like this, men and women alike. The thing is, what you find attractive, the guy next to you might think is a dog. I do feel men are more attracted to the same type of women, but that women are attracted to a wider array of men..but that's just coming from my own observations.

I don't think my sisters boyfriend is attractive at all, personality OR looks-wise. She feels the same about my guy...yet here we are.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:38 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
My girlfriend and I had a brief conversation about a guy I know who is evidently a stud with women. He is NOT good looking. I said it was a mystery to me. She said its more about personality than looks for women and that men are more focused on looks. I couldn't argue. Thats what has hurt me, my lack of personality, ie: not very outgoing. I'm an introvert. My feedback has been that I'm good looking but being introverted makes people think I'm arrogant or stuck up because I'm quiet. I hate that. So I don't think looks matter much to women.
Yeah i agree with the fact that being introverted or a little shy as a man seriously hampers you..Im the type whos a little shy at first and once i get to know you ill talk but some women maybe think im standoffish or weird because im quiet and a little passive at times..

i guess its because women are such social creatures that shyness to them in men is something very weird and thye are really put off by quiet guys..

Old 01-03-2014, 01:41 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Duh. Everyone is like this, men and women alike. The thing is, what you find attractive, the guy next to you might think is a dog. I do feel men are more attracted to the same type of women, but that women are attracted to a wider array of men..but that's just coming from my own observations.

I don't think my sisters boyfriend is attractive at all, personality OR looks-wise. She feels the same about my guy...yet here we are.
Nah i dont buy that i think womens ideal hot guy physically is alot more smaller then mens..i think mens is all over the place

Old 01-03-2014, 01:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
I know it makes you feel better to say it is all about looks - it lets you off the hook for everything. Women don't like you - it's ONLY because of your looks. You don't need to accept any personal responsibility. It's all on the women because women are shallow and you aren't hot enough. Hot guys don't have to do anything and the best women will be falling all over them.
You are blowing my theory out of proportion.

I said women will DATE hot men, I didn't say they would marry them. There's still compatibility.

And if women like you as a person, but you have trouble dating, then what other conclusion can you come to. What if a woman says you're awesome but rejects you?

I know the answer. Just hit on more women until one accepts you. I understand how to play.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:52 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Nah i dont buy that i think womens ideal hot guy physically is alot more smaller then mens..i think mens is all over the place
Well, unless you've conducted a legitimate study of women or men in this country, I doubt you can say anything with regards to anyone's "ideal hot person".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships