Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,961,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
She did okay, my wife is from Ukraine but she is an English teacher so she already knew the language and she lived in Austria, Germany and Norway (where we met) so she was exposed to life outside of Ukraine. She was very adamant about getting a job and going to college and she did both so that helped her adjust because she had to deal with other people besides me.

My parents also got engaged after 90 days, they were married for 46 years until my dad passed away last year.
Wow you had a very interesting life. And good for your wife she seems extremely intelligent. I understand the dealing with other people, I had a coworker whom spoke broken English and a thick accent which she had trouble commuticating. I listened to her closely and explained things. She now speaks great English.

Apparently you and your parents have the magic. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 09:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,961,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I married my husband after we had known each other just under 120 days...gonna be 20 years this coming March. Though we were in our late 20s / early 30s.

...so it's not something I'd recommend for everyone....but yeah...it can work.
Why do you think it worked for you?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,385,016 times
There's a sweet professor emeritus I know -- he knew his wife for 15 minutes before he asked her to marry him. They were married for almost 70 years, until she died, and it was one of those dream marriages that you hear about where the couple stays crazy about each other well into old age.

But for me, 90 days (three months) would make me pretty nervous. I need to know someone better than that. Typically, after six months, I'll know if I should proceed ahead, and by the year mark, I know. Anything over a year, and chances are excellent that I'm thinking about it way too hard (or he is).

Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,840,504 times
The only problem I'd have with it is that anyone can put on an act and be on their best behavior for 3 months. Most people don't put on an act but most people are on their best behavior in the beginning and the couples that get lucky are those who don't show much difference between their everyday behavior and their best behavior. I'm not sure I would trust my judgment enough to do something like this though.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 PM

40,981 posts, read 49,341,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
A new show on TLC is called 90 days fiancee. I'm wondering if you would ever do this? Some of the people travel across the world to meet each other then after 90 days marry. Many say it's not enough time to know each other. But say they talked on the phone, online, text and met a little. Perhaps then?
Then age can factor in it or an overly busy person?

What are your opinions of it?

I will say mine later.
It is me isn't it ? I'd only do it with you.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,699,102 times
You can make anything work if you want to, but I wouldn't do this.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:03 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,452,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You can make anything work if you want to, but I wouldn't do this.
That's true. My marriage is less than 90 days after I met my husband though. It was 60 days. And though it's not a reality show apparently they were golden threads here.

Oh and I was attacked massively too. Like it was my fault I fell in love.

But what else can you expect when most posters here are bitter lonely losers LOL!!!!

As to my marriage, we're still together. Our first anniversary is in a few days. Like I think those posters who bash me are lonely coz maybe they gave up on their marriage/relationship coz I think they think marriage is only for richer and richer and health and health ya know just the good side of life but when the going gets tough, bye see ya marriage! Really!?

Old 01-04-2014, 01:12 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,222,005 times
Quote:
A new show on TLC is called 90 days fiancee. I'm wondering if you would ever do this? Some of the people travel across the world to meet each other then after 90 days marry. Many say it's not enough time to know each other. But say they talked on the phone, online, text and met a little. Perhaps then?
Then age can factor in it or an overly busy person?

What are your opinions of it?

I will say mine later.
I'd rather watch paint peel....

I have no use for these NON-reality shows.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:54 AM

52,389 posts, read 52,877,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I'd rather watch paint peel....

I have no use for these NON-reality shows.
Yep...

Quote:
Why are you laughing?
See above....

Old 01-04-2014, 06:33 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,068,774 times
Marrying after 90 days would not be for me. I knew my wife almost 2 years before we got engaged, and just shy of 3 when we married.

I know a couple who got engaged after dating two week, and they are still happily married 11 years later. So I guess it can happen.

Being a reality show, I suspect they are looking more for crazy drama than to report on smooth success here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships