Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,454,621 times

Advertisements

Very good, I had to beat up my SO last night, because he went on and on about how awesome Ukarainian women are, such wonderful cooks, good in bed, never talk back...blah blah...I told him to find one....okay, I did not beat him up...I wanted to....

I have met two women who came here, both from the Phillipines. One was happy, one, was not, she left her spouse, lots of drama, apparently he was quite abusive.

I think you know after 90 days if you can make it work, or if you need to move on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,723,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Very good, I had to beat up my SO last night, because he went on and on about how awesome Ukarainian women are, such wonderful cooks, good in bed, never talk back...blah blah...I told him to find one....okay, I did not beat him up...I wanted to....

I have met two women who came here, both from the Phillipines. One was happy, one, was not, she left her spouse, lots of drama, apparently he was quite abusive.

I think you know after 90 days if you can make it work, or if you need to move on....
If you have ever seen photos of "Max's Mama", & know her, you could see how lovely, kind, good, warm heart she has, beautiful, gentle, loving, sexy......

Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,762,543 times
I think you can know, too...but if the whole thing is a stunt for a TV show, versus an organically occurring relationship, that throws an entirely different spin on things.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
If you have ever seen photos of "Max's Mama" you could see how lovely, kind, good, warm heart she has, beautiful, gentle, loving, sexy......
You can tell that by photos?

Old 01-06-2014, 08:14 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,454,621 times
Marriage, Ukrainian-style: Hopeful bachelors from all over the world head to Odessa in search of a wife - Europe - World - The Independent

This is the rest of the story...scam tourism.

I just can't understand a woman leaving her country for a man here...there must not be much to pick from where she lives...

Old 01-06-2014, 08:25 PM

541 posts, read 863,427 times
I've learned too many times in life that it takes way more than 90 days to know someone that you're going to be living and spending lots of time with. No way would I do that, but then I'm a private person who's had quite a few long term relationships to know that sometimes even a year isn't long enough!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantamount View Post
I've learned too many times in life that it takes way more than 90 days to know someone that you're going to be living and spending lots of time with. No way would I do that, but then I'm a private person who's had quite a few long term relationships to know that sometimes even a year isn't long enough!
I think this is an important element...how private and/or guarded people are.

If one or both of the people in a relationship is particularly private or guarded, it can take QUITE a long time to really get to know someone. Others, on the other hand, are more of open books. If both parties are quite open and transparent, it doesn't take long at all.

This is true in many relationships, not just romantic ones. I have a good friend I first knew when we were freshmen in college. Due to his being an EXTREMELY closed-off person (something I would not describe myself as), I would say that it took at least half a dozen years to feel I was really getting to know him. Now, I thought he was an interesting enough person to make slowly chipping away those layers worth my while, and we have now known one another for nearly twenty years, and it was worth the slow, steady process. But we are, and always were, just friends. Had I had romantic designs on him, I would not have been tolerant of having to spend all those years before any inroads/trust were established. I'd just have moved on. Because he was simply a friend, the stakes were much lower.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,532,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Marriage, Ukrainian-style: Hopeful bachelors from all over the world head to Odessa in search of a wife - Europe - World - The Independent

This is the rest of the story...scam tourism.

I just can't understand a woman leaving her country for a man here...there must not be much to pick from where she lives...
In all honesty I think many of these women leave for the financial security or money. Many come from very poor countries, plus the idea of being a US citizen is a really big deal to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships