Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM

28,631 posts, read 18,703,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I've always had a weird rule of thumb...9 years max. Here's why:

If you're 9+ years apart you have zero overlap in the high school/college years, years which for many (not all, of course) help form a lot of your personality for the future.

Not gospel, just something I've tended to believe.
That becomes less important as one grows older and post-school years become the much more significant experiences.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:02 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,593,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, it's not. It's in the DNA of women to chase after young, strong, fertile men. The sperm of young men is in much better shape than that of older men. It's more likely to produce healthy, robust offspring.

No it's not.

If it were true, a woman's criteria would be similar to that of an older man who dates younger women...The criteria would be - "Does he look good?"..His income, his education level, his emotional maturity, his social standing etc..None of these things would matter. (Or would matter very little, and the better looking he was the less it would matter.)

Not a single one of the 30-50 year old women I know would seriously give thought to dating, let alone marrying a young guy in his 20's.

They don't give it serious thought because it's not in their nature.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:06 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,853,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Your post makes no sense at all. Yes some men look younger but so do some women. In fact men always think I am younger too, and many think I am still in college.
For sure! My take is that dudes are into the appearance of youth. That's why MILF's are so hot no matter their age, and why guys on OLD go for women whose ages give them away as older women, but their pix look like they're 25. I asked out a woman I'd seen around the college gym for awhile, so I thought she was a student, but she said she was 44! DAMN, if that's 44, bring 'em ON! If you don't want 'em, dude, send 'em over to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynned1;
...its hard to believe that I can actually be baited to argue that the correlation of youth and beauty in women are not sought after commodities.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:08 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,378,057 times
Quote:
If a man was interested in having children he should have years ago. Besides there is no way to know he is fertile, a younger woman is or an older woman isn't by just looking at their age.
My ex-FIL married a woman 35 years his junior and had two children with her. This woman was younger than me, his DIL!

For the first five years, they seemed to be doing okay.

But just ask me about now ... talk about one craptastic situation.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,879,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
No it's not.

If it were true, a woman's criteria would be similar to that of an older man who dates younger women...The criteria would be - "Does he look good?"..His income, his education level, his emotional maturity, his social standing etc..None of these things would matter. (Or would matter very little, and the better looking he was the less it would matter.)

Not a single one of the 30-50 year old women I know would seriously give thought to dating, let alone marrying a young guy in his 20's.

This whole idea that woman judge men more on his income is a more recent one that evolution. After all back then people didn't make money so it wasn't an issue. None of the other things like education or social standing is important to most women I know except women who have high social standing and education.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:16 PM

102,149 posts, read 107,499,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
No it's not.

Generally true about older women. The context when I posted that was younger women supposedly having it in their DNA to go after older guys. That's not true; it's in young women's DNA to prefer young guys, to maximize viability of offspring. That's why most of them do go for young guys.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:21 PM

20,652 posts, read 19,306,496 times
Quote:
Your post makes no sense at all. Yes some men look younger but so do some women. In fact men always think I am younger too, and many think I am still in college.
Using logical comparisons, I'll take it an an endorsement.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:24 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,782,586 times
Quote:
If a man was interested in having children he should have years ago. Besides there is no way to know he is fertile, a younger woman is or an older woman isn't by just looking at their age.
Well, stuff happens. Sure, I "should" have had kids years ago, but a recession and divorce prevented that. Doesn't mean I should give up on that now.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:36 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,248,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
For sure! My take is that dudes are into the appearance of youth. That's why MILF's are so hot no matter their age, and why guys on OLD go for women whose ages give them away as older women, but their pix look like they're 25. I asked out a woman I'd seen around the college gym for awhile, so I thought she was a student, but she said she was 44! DAMN, if that's 44, bring 'em ON! If you don't want 'em, dude, send 'em over to me.
in my experience, any woman can look good in clothes. But once I get them naked, I can definitely see the difference between a 20 something vs a 40 something.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:41 PM

836 posts, read 1,116,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I usually date the women whom I find attractive.
Wow! That's a profound statement!

Obviously everybody can agree that younger people (under 40) are going to be more attractive than older ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.