Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 05:27 PM

543 posts, read 534,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I think that OLD has made some men (probably some women too)delusional about what they could get. In the past most people met others within their social group that tended to be around the same age. With OLD there has become this idea that people are shopping for what they they fantasize about, even if it's unrealistic. Most of the men who contacted me on dating sites were much older than me and I rejected them. Some of them years later are still on dating sites and some are still crying why can't they find someone? they could if they looked for women around their age.
I would love to find someone about in the 27-33 age group. And that's always one of my primary search parameters. And the few that I find? No response. I'm not very interested in a woman in her younger twenties. While some can be incredibly intelligent and mature, most people in that age range are in a completely different stage in life. Or they're just plain dumber than a box of rocks.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:39 PM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Old guys feel smart when they are out with a woman 20-25 years younger than them.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post

SO WITH THAT SAID! As a guy who has dated through his teens, twenties, thirties and now fouties, I prefer women my age. WHY? I can attract younger women, and I mean college age girls come on to me all the time. Well, cause I don't relate and I have found that women who have gone through the cycle I spelled out above are nice, giving and often genuine.

Most men go for women much younger just for the beauty, young sex. Cause speaking from experience, there is no way a guy in his 40's can relate intellectually with a girl in her twenties. I'm 40, but in super great shape, look good, full set of hair, look very young and I attract women in their twenties all the time, but I've never once acted on it. Also has something to do with having a daughter. I find it corrupt and kinda sick, to be honest.

Wow, alaskaboy. You are truly one in a million. A man who values a woman's intellect, character and integrity more than simply how "hot" she is? There just aren't many men like you around.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:04 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
An annoying thing I've noticed more often lately: men in their 40's, 50's, 60's prefer to date much younger women.
I've always noticed this. I don't think it's anything new, though. If you're talking about gaps of 8-12 years or so, I think those have always been semi-common. If you're talking about the "old enough to be her father" age gaps (say 20 years or more), I don't think those have ever been that common, and I still don't think they are. (The relative scarcity of them is why they stick out like a sore thumb when we see them.)

Quote:
Isn't it weird dating someone who could be your daughter?
Meh. I probably wouldn't choose it, but I believe strongly in consenting adults dating who they want to date. I suppose in the case of 18-23 year olds you could make the argument that they're not necessarily adults in a developmental sense, but the law says they are.

Quote:
It just strikes me
As kind of selfish.
Interesting. How so? It strikes me as many things, but selfish isn't one of them.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:05 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,389 times
Quote:
I know, I am tired of reading that women chase after older men. The times I dated older men were not because I was chasing them. I certainly didn't look for older men for stability, I depend on myself for that.
That's you. You are not every woman.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I'm not really concerned about why anyone wants to date anyone else. Might I raise an eyebrow at some of the pairings? Sure, but that's about as far as it goes. People date who they are attracted, and whether it's youth or money, it doesn't affect me in anyway. Did some of the old dudes get on my nerves when dating? You bet. But so did the 20 year olds. There really are enough fish in the sea that people can date for any reason they want.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
I did not set out to pursue a younger woman. But as it turns out I met and married one. I do not dominate her. More the other way around! We are not poor...but I wouldn't say we were rich either when it come to money. She is highly educated, owns her own business and is in no way some bubble headed bleach blonde. We never had second thoughts about being together. Some of my friends did...but after meeting her they have changed their views on our relationship and all get along just fine with her. We can converse just fine on any subject. Hell she can out do me on pretty much any subject. Still amazes me how people in this country make such a fuss over someone else's relationship...yet you travel abroad and it's no big deal. I still think most that complain are jealous or just plain angry at the world in general.

I feel sorry for you. Your miserable and I'm happy.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:51 PM

170 posts, read 373,123 times
In general, a woman who is 22, as opposed to 32, is:
  • Less demanding
  • Better looking, and going to retain her looks for a longer period of time

Old 01-04-2014, 06:59 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Why? oh they claim it's because younger women are hotter or more fertile but in reality it's because many want to control and think a younger woman is more easily controlled. Of course what they are forgetting is most younger women don't want old men, unless he has money or is handsome.
What a load of crap. The reason all animals mate is because it results in offspring. Sex uses what are otherwise called reproductive organs. Therefore the reason is ultimately because they are more fertile.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
An annoying thing I've noticed more often lately: men in their 40's, 50's, 60's prefer to date much younger women. Isn't it weird dating someone who could be your daughter? It just strikes me
As kind of selfish.
Because they can impregnate younger women. That isn't what their brain thinks of course . It can be annoying to chase basic drives. I'll go as far as to agree with you since I find nature's efficiency at the expense of my mirth very annoying. What the divorce laws essentially did allow high status men to double dip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships